Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)

Article about: by 85ronnies Cheer's Wolfy they are very moorish arn't they i', am with you on that, but i am not up on what to look for on copy's so i won't usually buy anything i am unsure of any tip's wo

OKW
    ?

Default Re: Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)

Wasn't there a prolem with the siver finish with it either being absorbed by the zinc or simply evaporating, some kind of mercury alloy or wash comes to mind.

2. # ADS

Yes, this problem is common to all zink based awards.

Cheers, Ade.

All zinc awards absorb their finish eventually. Some makers worse than others,depending on quality of the materials that were used/available at that time. Stewy S

marcelis
    ?

hi my names mark i seen one in a shop 4 £20 with silver paint in good condition with makers mark 65 i wil try and ge some pictures on here ! thanks for all the advice it really helped .

Dom
    ?

Hi,
    there are pieces on this thread, here's one of mine.

Bruce1
    ?

I have one for sale it is marked 3 and in very good condition. I found it in an auction lot box today. thanks, Bruce.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)   Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)  

Winterschlacht Im Osten (German Russian front medal)  
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-21-2011 at 12:23 AM.

?

Hi Bruce and welcome.
    The medal is a good original but please use the for sale area of the forum to sell any items, don't place them here in the discussion area. Thank you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

What is the average price that one of these medals goes for? I know that they aren't exactly easy to find. Also, does the mint maker on the ring affect if the value goes up or not?

KSH
    ?

Quote by Javelin4life View Post
    What is the average price that one of these medals goes for? I know that they aren't exactly easy to find. Also, does the mint maker on the ring affect if the value goes up or not?
    In my experience they cost from 25 € to 40 € depending on condition and if you're buying from a dealer or buying privately. These are very easy medals to find IMO (millions of them were produced). If an example is maker marked, it becomes slightly more desirable, and thus perhaps will possess a slightly higher value. But no big value difference on the whole really.

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post
    In my experience they cost from 25 € to 40 € depending on condition and if you're buying from a dealer or buying privately. These are very easy medals to find IMO (millions of them were produced). If an example is maker marked, it becomes slightly more desirable, and thus perhaps will possess a slightly higher value. But no big value difference on the whole really.

- Kenneth
    As Kenneth says whom you're buying from is a factor (as in buying privately or dealer). Along with condition,base metal,makers mark & packet/tissue wrapping (if applicable). Some are worth considerably more. Stewy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast