Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

'winterschlacht im osten' medal, genuine or not.

Article about: OK guys, thanks. Looks like another one for the trash can. I think I will give that auction house a wide berth with regard to Militaria from now on.

OK guys, thanks. Looks like another one for the trash can. I think I will give that auction house a wide berth with regard to Militaria from now on.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'winterschlacht im osten' medal, genuine or not.
    P
    Many

I think Ade has called it correct,side on you can see a blow hole.

The piece is an original!
    The design is the "Wiener Design" and this piece is the manufacturer of "30" awarded ( Hauptmünzamt, Wien ).
    Perhaps new silver plated, brushed or ....
    But for me it is an original.

Mike,
    Thanks very much for that. Opinion on the forum is split at the moment. Some people think the medal is fake and some, like yourself, think it is original. How can you be sure this is real and not a cast copy. Is there anywhere I can research more information on the wiener design?
    Regards
    Andy

Hello,

Please look at # 25 and # 28 in my thread post. As described, but I'll show you here are two images from the manufacturer 30

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...sten-318655-3/

I hope I could help you ....

'winterschlacht im osten' medal, genuine or not.'winterschlacht im osten' medal, genuine or not.

The with and markings upon it still lead me to a cast as the others have said, also there is more than one Osten Front medal out there so its not the end of the world to find another.
    Morris

Thanks Mike & Morris for your feedback and the photos from Mike. Unfortunately, it has confused me even more as to the authenticity of the medal. I am erring towards genuine but that might just be wishful thinking. My plan now is to source an original from a reputable militaria sale and then compare the 2. In the meantime I will hang on to this one, which has caused so many differing opinions on the forum.
    Regards
    Andy

Have a look at the forum sponsors it is a good place to start for reputable sellers.
    Morris

Asp
    ?

For final solution of the problem it would be good idea to compare the weights of genuine medal and questionable one. Since the metal for casting being characterized different density.
    Alex

Quote by Steinar View Post
    The piece is an original!
    The design is the "Wiener Design" and this piece is the manufacturer of "30" awarded ( Hauptmünzamt, Wien ).
    Perhaps new silver plated, brushed or ....
    But for me it is an original.
    Agreed. Nothing looks out of the ordinary with this Ost. Stewy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2