Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Winterschlacht im Osten medal - Help needed

Article about: Hello, I have some problems related to Ostmedaille. I have been offered a pair of these - I attach pictures of them below. At first I thought they were OK. But then some doubts arose regardi

Default Winterschlacht im Osten medal - Help needed

Hello,

I have some problems related to Ostmedaille. I have been offered a pair of these - I attach pictures of them below. At first I thought they were OK. But then some doubts arose regarding the medal on the right (the one without signature). There are some signs suggesting it is a cast. See last two pictures, when some of those signs has been marked. Can it be a forgery? I thought only bad copies of Ost medal exist on the market, but when I found this (WWII GERMAN BADGES AND MEDALS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com - at the end of the page there are advantages and disadvantages of collecting Ost medal - one of disadvantages is existence of high quality copies that are being recently made) I am not sure about this anymore.

Can anyone help me to tell if these two medals are real or fake? Both of them and in particular the right one (the left looks much better). I would appreciate any help.

Winterschlacht im Osten medal - Help neededWinterschlacht im Osten medal - Help neededWinterschlacht im Osten medal - Help neededWinterschlacht im Osten medal - Help neededWinterschlacht im Osten medal - Help neededWinterschlacht im Osten medal - Help neededWinterschlacht im Osten medal - Help neededWinterschlacht im Osten medal - Help needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht im Osten medal - Help needed
    P
    Many

Both look fine to me, the marked one is a Redo

Packet is good also

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Woolgar. Quick response. What do you think about these marked spots. Don't they look like cast indicators? Is it OK for Ost medal?

Maybe cast marks but its an original medal, not the same quality as the Redo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

imo both good,just one has not been looked after well.