Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winterschlacht im Osten - real one or fake (beginner in collecting)

Article about: Hi guys! I'm a newbie and just making my first small steps in collecting items. I found an auction about Winterschlacht with a affordable price and I would like what you guys think about it.

Default Winterschlacht im Osten - real one or fake (beginner in collecting)

Hi guys! I'm a newbie and just making my first small steps in collecting items. I found an auction about Winterschlacht with a affordable price and I would like what you guys think about it. Although it's a really small investment I would like to avoid getting obvious fake (if it's the case) as first item. As for the quality of the pictures I realize it would be somewhat shot in the dark.
    Thank you very much in advance!
    Winterschlacht im Osten - real one or fake (beginner in collecting)Winterschlacht im Osten - real one or fake (beginner in collecting)Winterschlacht im Osten - real one or fake (beginner in collecting)Winterschlacht im Osten - real one or fake (beginner in collecting)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht im Osten - real one or fake (beginner in collecting)
    P
    Many

Welcome to the Forum...No good, sorry to say...Take a look at the known originals here on the Forum. This is a common award and originals are easily obtained starting at around $35 and upwards...No need to settle for substandard quality or questionable authenticity regarding these...Good luck in your collecting endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht im Osten - real one or fake (beginner in collecting)  

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

As Glenn says there are better Ost medals out there readily available. For serious collectors of this award there's many variants & different makers. As for the one you posted I wouldn't bother. I've seen groud dug Ost's in better shape. Stewy

Welcome to the forum. Dont waste any money on the medal you posted. They are quite common and reasonable to buy. Buy the best you can afford as it will be much easier to resell if you ever want to. Good luck in your search.

Steve

Thank you very much guys, I will stay away from this one.
    The one at Hiscoll looks way better, indeed!

good idea that's rubbish.

Would go for a better one to So many out there

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum...No good, sorry to say...Take a look at the known originals here on the Forum. This is a common award and originals are easily obtained starting at around $35 and upwards...No need to settle for substandard quality or questionable authenticity regarding these...Good luck in your collecting endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn
    Hi BigMacGlenn

Thats wierd, Im just going through my OM´s and I think I got this exact one you just posted.
    But I have never bought anything from Emedals. I cant remember where I got this one from, straaange :S

But maybe I have had to much wine tonight hehe, what do you think ?

The ring looks even the same.
    The plot thickens but the story never ends

Sveimhugi,

Wine or not I think you could be right.

Jonathan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast