Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWI EK's

Article about: I am trying to acquire one or two WWI EK's for a friend, and need the assistance of your good selves to verify if these two pieces are authentic. To me, bearing in mind I collect Third Reich

?

Default WWI EK's

I am trying to acquire one or two WWI EK's for a friend, and need the assistance of your good selves to verify if these two pieces are authentic. To me, bearing in mind I collect Third Reich memorabilia, these look fine but I would like to hear your comments before I pick them up.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI EK's  
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI EK's  WWI EK's  WWI EK's 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI EK's
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WWI EK's

And the second EK...

And I have also realised that these should be over on the Imperial forum. My apologies.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI EK's   WWI EK's  

WWI EK's  
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI EK's 

i like the second one the first however i have doubts about it being original as there is the bar going across the top (not seen one like it)

?

Thanks Tom. I noticed the bar earlier too. Hopefully somebody can explain it, I too have never noticed one on an EK before.

Cheers,

Carl

Gents...they look to be original 1914 EK II's...the first one has a well done, probably professional repair (jeweller) to the suspension ring, I have seen this on only a few EK's, the ribbon is modern though......
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thank you very much Steve, I appreciate your thoughts.

Prost!

Carl

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Thank you very much Steve, I appreciate your thoughts. Prost! Carl
    You are welcome !...this type of repair would not deter me from buying this cross, IMO it does not devalue the cross.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents...they look to be original 1914 EK II's...the first one has a well done, probably professional repair (jeweller) to the suspension ring, I have seen this on only a few EK's, the ribbon is modern though......
    Prost ! Steve.
    do you know how they did this so expertly its very good

Quote by talltom View Post
    do you know how they did this so expertly its very good
    To a professional Jeweller, I would imagine it would be a simple job to make/conform a bar in silver or other white metal and attach/solder to the cross....I would not imagine it being a delicate job, for someone repairing jewellry/watches etc....
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Prost ! Steve.
    I agree with Steve, both good crosses I have 2 1870 EK2's with this type of repair.WWI EK'sWWI EK'sWWI EK's

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast