Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WWI EK's

Article about: I am trying to acquire one or two WWI EK's for a friend, and need the assistance of your good selves to verify if these two pieces are authentic. To me, bearing in mind I collect Third Reich

KSH
    ?

Default Re: WWI EK's

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    I don't know, i'm still learning on these.

I remember some WWII EKs which had been rejected here due to the numerals not being textbook, or alike to each other.

I was wondering if the same applies to WWI EKs or if it's just conventional to see differential fonts in the date.
    What you are talking about here is probably EKs that were rejected because they did not match the original cores they were supposed to be, not because the digits didn't match each other perfectly in itself.

Remember also that all Third Reich EKs are much more uniform and homogeneous to each other than the Imperial crosses ever were because of the very strict standardization that was imposed in the Third Reich. In Imperial times makers had much more "leeway" when it came to the design and manufacture of EKs - as long as they conformed to the basic guidelines of the design.

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI EK's
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI EK's

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Tom, evaluate the whole piece, not just a single issue. Does the rest of the cross look ok? Just because you may not have seen something like this, does it make it any less original? Why not ask the question or query the bar across the top prior to voicing doubts over a perfectly original EK?
    As the guys have said, both perfectly original crosses and the repair does not devalue the award at all. In fact I would choose an example like this over and above a regular cross.
    Like I have said before Tom, if you dont know , dont comment!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3