Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Ribbon Bar opinion ?

Article about: Hi all What do you think about this German WWII Ribbon Bar ? does it look good to you ? Annoyed from this ads?   Thanks in advance

Default WWII Ribbon Bar opinion ?

Hi all What do you think about this German WWII Ribbon Bar ? does it look good to you ?

Thanks in advance

WWII Ribbon Bar opinion ?WWII Ribbon Bar opinion ?WWII Ribbon Bar opinion ?WWII Ribbon Bar opinion ?WWII Ribbon Bar opinion ?WWII Ribbon Bar opinion ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Ribbon Bar opinion ?
    P
    Many

I think it is made of some original parts but has not been together for the past 70 odd years.

I would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is properly laid out. It shows the history of a WWI veteran with long service in the air force. Awards include Iron cross second class WWI with Spange for the same in WWII, East front, long service, WWI ""Hindenburg" service medal, Sudetenland entry with Prague bar and Austria entry ribbon. I have not seen the long service with oak leaf clusters. Back looks OK to me so it appears period. The long service award does not match though so it may be a put together piece. NH

Gold wreath denotes 40 years service. NH

Thanks ...and its simply amazing what you guys can tell about a little piece like this nice And thanks for the attention

Allow me a few more observations:

The order of precedence is wrong, as the 1914/18 Honor Cross should go before any long service awards.

Furthermore, the 25 years long service award (with the 40 years oak leaves device) was to be worn together with the 12 years one, which is missing here.

Also, I would expect a professional soldier with more than 40 years of service (during a period that included all of WW1 as well as other conflicts) to have qualified for more than just one single pre-Third Reich decoration.

(By the way, the last ribbon is actually the Bulgarian WW1 commemorative medal.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 10-21-2014 at 10:59 PM.

I stand corrected. This confirms this is a put together ribbon bar on some original bits. I will add to it that is probably also missing the war merit medal in WWII which normally came before an Iron Cross. NH

?

Hello,
    I agree it is a put together bar and it makes no sense (order is all off).

Jody

Hi, as the guys have said, this s a put together piece Apart from the missing awards and incorrect order, the mounting is very uneven and quite frankly untidy and that would never have been accepted. Leon.

Here is the award list I posted some years ago now:

WW 2 - 1944 award regulations
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!