Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Your Opinions Please: Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen

Article about: Hi All, Some time back (about 25 years), I aquired this badge and have never been satisfied regarding its authenticity or value etc. Please let me know what you think!!! Cheears MR

Default Your Opinions Please: Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen

Hi All, Some time back (about 25 years), I aquired this badge and have never been satisfied regarding its authenticity or value etc. Please let me know what you think!!!
    Cheears MR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your Opinions Please: Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen
    P
    Many

Edited and moved your thread.

Glider pilots badge. Looks good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A scarce badge, rarely seen on the market...The ball-hinge is a good indicator as to originality...These are listed at over 1000 Euros in my Niemann Price Guide...Congratulations and thanks for sharing this one with us!
    cheers, Glenn

Looks good IMO, but would probably look better in my collection! Thanks for showing.
    Steve

Hi Michael,

These ball hinged glider pilot badges have been controversial for a long time, but have become accepted more recently as being genuine by many senior collectors and coming from the Gablonz area due to the rear set up used by makers there, but there remain those who are yet to be convinced! There are proven fake copies of these and I'll show an example for comparison, but first some pic's of what's considered to be original badges and are widely accepted as such next to yours.

Your Opinions Please: SegelflugzeugführerabzeichenYour Opinions Please: SegelflugzeugführerabzeichenYour Opinions Please: SegelflugzeugführerabzeichenYour Opinions Please: SegelflugzeugführerabzeichenYour Opinions Please: SegelflugzeugführerabzeichenYour Opinions Please: Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen

Note that the reverse side shows linear flaws around the catch area that match you badge exactly, a good sign. Also the fine definition of the eagle, it's wing and leg feathers and the balled claw feet are the same quality as well.

Here's an accepted fake that has neither the flaws to the rear catch area, different rivets, and lack of detailed definition on the eagle as well as the wreath.

Your Opinions Please: SegelflugzeugführerabzeichenYour Opinions Please: Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen

And a comparison of a genuine badge, your badge and the fake with the poor definition of the areas on the eagle mentioned above highlighted.

Your Opinions Please: SegelflugzeugführerabzeichenYour Opinions Please: SegelflugzeugführerabzeichenYour Opinions Please: Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen

It's only my opinion, but on that evidence I think it's fair to say you are the owner of a genuine zinc glider pilot badge by an unknown Gablonz maker.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for the information and comparison photos, Ned...A badge I have never really studied, nor have I ever come across one of these for sale...Plenty of fakes out there though, far too many- So it's a pleasure seeing this original...!
    cheers, Glenn

I would just like to say Ned that you put a lot of time and effort into answering all the threads you reply to.
    it never ceases to amaze me the knowledge that you have accumulated.
    well done and keep it up please.
    same goes for others who do the same.
    With Respect
    Rod

brilliant Ned,and a great badge too.

A beauty, and as has been said, good to see an original! I am not sure that I would ever be confident enough to take the plunge on one of these! Leon.

Hi Ade Thank you. I respect and appriciate your input!!!!!
    Regards Michael

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast