Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Your Opinions Please: Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen

Article about: Hi All, Some time back (about 25 years), I aquired this badge and have never been satisfied regarding its authenticity or value etc. Please let me know what you think!!! Cheears MR

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Let me second that. With his unique blend of serious in-depth knowledge on a remarkable variety of subjects and an ability to provide hilarious comic relief, Ned is one of those members without whom this place simply wouldn't be the same.

The cheque's in the post........
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your Opinions Please: Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen
    P
    Many

Quote by Dan Miller View Post
    but anyway ... as I said before , is my humble opinion...

respectfully

Dan M.
    And as I said before Dan, I shall defend your right to that against all comers....

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Let me second that. With his unique blend of serious in-depth knowledge on a remarkable variety of subjects and an ability to provide hilarious comic relief, Ned is one of those members without whom this place simply wouldn't be the same.
    I agree!
    And I would like to say that though he may not be perfect, he does his research before posting his answers.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I agree!
    And I would like to say that though he may not be perfect, he does his research before posting his answers.
    Ralph.
    To err is human; to admit it is superhuman.

Quote by big ned View Post
    To err is human; to admit it is superhuman.
    One of these days, you may just admit it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Dan, First, may I appologise for my delayed response to your posts, just moved house and am in a state of unmitigated confusion!! I raed your posts and viewed your references. I also viewed the responses that they elisited and would like to make the following points please. I purchased the badge almost 30 years ago as original. At that time, ball hinges on Repro badges were unknown to the best of my knowledge. The few fellow collectors and traders who have seen the badge have all been interested in aquiring it so they must be of the opinion that it is an original. I bow to the knowledge and expertease of the magority of my fellow Forum members who appear to be in favour of its originality. So perhaps not surprisingly, I believe it to be "right".

All this said, I none-the-less value your stance and comments and welcome your input and have publicaly thank you for your initial post on the subject, even though I disagree with you. I believe that a healthy regard for originality is not only good but necessary. However, it can make a collector "Fake Concious" and lead to some bad errors of judgement as happened to me with a an SS dagger. I talked myself into believing that it was wrong and let it go for next to nothing. Some time later MY wrong SS dager changed hands, as original, at a rediculously high price. My doubt cost me a lot of cash!!

Thank you for your input and best wishes Michael R

?

Mine, for comparison.
    Vet bring back with a load of flight bars.
    Pete

- - ------- - -

Hi Pete, Thank you for your input. It is nice to buy directly from a vet or a vet's family and I would considder such purchases to be totally original providing that there are no doubts about the honesty of the vet/family??
    Thank you once again
    Cheers Michael R

PS did you once have a shop in Wolves??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3