Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your thoughts on this Ostvolkmedaille please.

Article about: I know very little about these, but i'm unsure of the hollow back.

Default Your thoughts on this Ostvolkmedaille please.

Your thoughts on this Ostvolkmedaille please.Your thoughts on this Ostvolkmedaille please.
    I know very little about these, but i'm unsure of the hollow back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your thoughts on this Ostvolkmedaille please.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Your thoughts on this Ostvolkmedaille please.

I think the medal is ok but I have doubts about the ribbon.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Cheers Ade!...

Hello there,

Medal and ribbon are fine IMO. Is the ring stamped "100" by chance? The allies found stockpiles of these in unissued condition at the end of the war. Most of the time these crude zink medals lose their finish but this one has retained a lot of it.

William Kramer

Thanks William, i don't know if the ring is stamped or not and i've asked the seller about this but not had a reply yet. Cheers.

as good as gold gunny.

Gunny, have a look at post #24 here..... https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...silber-244487/ it could well be a 57er......
    Prost ! Steve.

Thank you!....

I am wondering how/if these would have been produced under the 57 regs. As I understand it and please correct me if im wrong. The 57 regulations were brought in to allow the wearing of medals/badges issued during the Third Reich by veterans and members of the wehrmacht. The 57 awards were based on the original design minus any emblems that could be associated with the Nazi regime. As the Ostvolk awards did not contain such emblems they would have not fallen under the regulations of 1957 and as such any manufactured post 8 May 1945 are either copies or fakes.

PS the above Ostvolk is in my opinion a good TR period made example which I would be pleased to have in my collection.

Quote by robin morley View Post
    I am wondering how/if these would have been produced under the 57 regs. As I understand it and please correct me if im wrong. The 57 regulations were brought in to allow the wearing of medals/badges issued during the Third Reich by veterans and members of the wehrmacht. The 57 awards were based on the original design minus any emblems that could be associated with the Nazi regime. As the Ostvolk awards did not contain such emblems they would have not fallen under the regulations of 1957 and as such any manufactured post 8 May 1945 are either copies or fakes. PS the above Ostvolk is in my opinion a good TR period made example which I would be pleased to have in my collection.
    Robin, you are quite right about the 1957 awards.....see this thread, which I assumed everyone interested in these "Ostvolk" medals had read... https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...silber-244487/ I explain in this thread (post # 24).......
    As for the above medal being of TR origin, I have no idea, it is not my area of collecting, it was merely a suggestion/lead in which one could research further into.
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast