Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68

Article about: Hello to all, another badge, which comes from same fraud source. This Destroyer badge looks really god, it has good details, good age and some oxidation also. But I´m almost sure that this b

Default Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68

Hello to all, another badge, which comes from same fraud source. This Destroyer badge looks really god, it has good details, good age and some oxidation also. But I´m almost sure that this badge is well made reproduction. I just need opinions from someone with better knowledge with Kriegmarine badges, who can confirmed if this badge is certainly copy.

Thanks to all for your opinions and help!

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68   Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68  

Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68   Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68
    P
    Many

Hi Peter,

Not one for me. The first thing that jumps out is that the font of the makers mark doesn't match that of the accepted types used by Schwerin, I think it might be a 'Cave Creek' fake so I would pass on this.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A definate fake IMO and as Ned mentioned a possible "Cave Creek" product.

Regards,Martin.

Hi Peter, sorry but I am with Ned once again, the definition to the front is nowhere near good enough for a Schwerin award. Even if it were a good piece, that amount of Zinc pest would be a worry. Leon.

a no from me also.

?

Hi Guys,

I agree, it's a well-known old fake. It's not the classic "Cave Creek" although that doesn't rule out the possibility of it being earlier attempt. It's the "Godzilla fake" and can be found with various setups, both marked and unmarked. I don't think that's zinc pest but rather artificial aging.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68   Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68  

Attached Images Attached Images Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen - Schwerin Berlin 68 

Again, thanks for your comments, that is very funny "godzila fake" but it really looks like godzila

Best regards

Peter