Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4" Steinhauer & Luck.

Article about: . please opinions

Default Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4" Steinhauer & Luck.

. please opinions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4"  Steinhauer & Luck.   Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4"  Steinhauer & Luck.  

Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4"  Steinhauer & Luck.   Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4"  Steinhauer & Luck.  

Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4"  Steinhauer & Luck.   Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4"  Steinhauer & Luck.  

Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4"  Steinhauer & Luck.  
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-09-2016 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen. Tombac marked "4"  Steinhauer & Luck.
    P
    Many

That is a very nice S&L tombak badge.

Despite being de-Nazified, it is a marked example and having that long tophook intact still makes this badge a very desirable item IMO.

Probably a badge that was worn with pride by it's owner during,and after the war ?

I have no problem with de-Nazified awards,especially those that were altered by the recipients themselves for postwar wear.

Regards,Martin.
    Last edited by martinw; 04-11-2016 at 01:02 AM.

I'm not keen on de-nazified badges as a rule, but they are still a part of history, and this one has a great amount of character to it that makes me like it a lot. What tales could it tell eh?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi, a well used original, a real been there and done that piece. Leon.

Thanks, it makes sense to repair?

Quote by Swinemunde68 View Post
    Hi, personally I would leave it as it is, apart from being it's own historical journey, a repair will always be noticeable and ruin the look in my opinion. Leon.

So I think the owner wore it during the war and then the war badge then de-Nazified and still wore it comes from Greifswald have to name and rank it had

Quote by Swinemunde68 View Post
    I would not touch it but leave it as is.

Try to "repair" it and it will be nothing more than a "messed with" original and it's value will decrease significantly.

Just my opinion.

Regards,Martin.