Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarked

Article about: I got this, as well as a Radio Operator Luftwaffe badge, coastal artillery badge, Kuban shield, silver SA sports badge and a supposedly gold SA sports badge from a dealer/collector in the St

Default Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarked

I got this, as well as a Radio Operator Luftwaffe badge, coastal artillery badge, Kuban shield, silver SA sports badge and a supposedly gold SA sports badge from a dealer/collector in the St. Louis area. This badge is not marked. Unfortunately, the guy polished it with a jewelers cloth, so that is why it is shiny. I know these badges are heavily faked. He told me the guy from the Antiques Roadshow looked at his collection and said everything was good. I don't know enough about these badges to know for sure, so I'm looking for opinions. If this is ok, is there a way to find out a maker from the construction of the badge? Thank you for any and all input. Bill
    Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarkedZerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarkedZerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarkedZerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarkedZerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarkedZerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarkedZerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarkedZerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarked
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-20-2018 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen, unmarked
    P
    Many

I don't study these but, this could be an unmarked B.H. Mayer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's an unmarked Otto Schickle award.

Cheers,Martin.

Quote by martinw View Post
    It's an unmarked Otto Schickle award.

Cheers,Martin.
    That was my other choice.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's confusing Ralph.
    Although probably made by Schickle,Mayer took a lot of their leftover stock when they went out of business in 1941.
    On some of the awards Mayer stamped them L/18,so for a long time they were thought to be made by Mayer but it is now believed they were made by Schickle.

Cheers,Martin.
    Last edited by martinw; 11-21-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Quote by martinw View Post
    It's confusing Ralph.
    Although probably made by Schickle,Mayer took a lot of their leftover stock when they went out of business in 1941.
    On some of the awards Mayer stamped them L/18,so for a long time they were thought to be made by Mayer but iti s now believed they were made by Schickle.

Cheers,Martin.
    Thank you for the explanation Martin!
    Schickle was my first impression but after viewing the Mayer example on GCA, I thought the pin resembled the Mayer example more.
    Ralph.