Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen Zinc Vertical Pin Unknown maker

Article about: More practice with the new lens This is one of the last awards I have had tucked away for many years before finding WRF. I have always been on the fence on this one as to originality, leanin

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I like to help if I can.
    Yeah, you come through every once in a while.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen Zinc Vertical Pin Unknown maker
    P
    Many

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I agree 100% with Martin, previously known as the "flatback", this badge has now been linked to Rettenmaier, much as examples of the previously named "flatback" and "Rocky" PAB were after the discovery of a hoard of them in Rettenmaier packaging that had also at one time contained KM badges was discovered in an old LDO outlet on the Austrian border in 2013. The invoice that was found with them and listed the original content was dated 22nd July 1944.

Alois Rettenmaier continued production more or less unimpeded after the war, (they are still in business today) and there is some evidence that a few "flatback" GAB's came to market around 10 years ago that originated from the factory as left over stock. The number of "flatback" badges, both Heer and KM that can be found with a variety of different hardware set ups and finishes could well be indicative of postwar assembly from possibly large stocks of badges once held by the company, much as was the case with both Steinhauer & Luck and Robert Souval (R.S.), long after hostilities ceased and the 3rd Reich was but a memory. This has not been proven as of yet, but is a possibility that cannot be ignored.

Regards, Ned.
    Excellent summary, and I agree that Rettenmaier will always be in the same category as S&L and Souval with regards to the vagaries surrounding potential post-war assembly of leftover stock.

Here's that 1944 Rettenmaier wholesale order form and price list mentioned by Ned that was previously posted by Giel, as well as a flatback IAB that was found along with it in that hoard from an LDO shop's stock discovered near the Austrian border. The Destroyer was 1.50 ℛℳ. It's too bad there weren't more details released regarding that find.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen Zinc Vertical Pin Unknown maker   Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen Zinc Vertical Pin Unknown maker  

Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen Zinc Vertical Pin Unknown maker   Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen Zinc Vertical Pin Unknown maker  

MAP
    ?

Well...this has turned out to be a great and informative thread!

Thanks Norm!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2