Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)

Article about: Hello one and all , just a quick one on this JFS destroyer badge. This certainly looks a good original badge to me but what are your opinions on the "blueing"? I think it is probab

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    I think this is the same copy who was shown by Ned.....Militaria321.com - Auction - LOGIN

Is it Ned?
    I can't see anything mate, any chance you can lift the pic's a post them here?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)
    P
    Many

Is the link not working,or are you not a member on this auction house?

I had problems in the past,when i was copy pics from a guy.....it was also a copy that i posted in a other Forum.

On that reasoning, i'm with Joe, the badge shown is original imo.

Regards, Ned.

Hi Ned , disagree with me by all means as I am looking to buy this one if it is good but I have been looking closely at that fake you posted and I think I am seeing more similarities with that on reflection than the original award that you posted. The main things that appear similar to me are the "detail" to the anchor and the main infrastructure of the destroyer. They seem much sharper/detailed on both the original post that I began the thread with and the fake you kindly supplied to my eye?? What are your thoughts? (RED marked is the original post/BLACK marked , the known fake and the YELLOW marked is the original) Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)  Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS) 

Look at the difference in 'sharpness' of the tips of the bow wave wash, a LOT 'blunter' on the two originals than the ones on the known fake, that are completely different and plainly more 'pointed'. A small difference, but as i've said, the devil is in the detail.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned , yes I see that as I noted in my earlier reply , it was just the sharper look to these other aspects that concerned me , but if you think it is fine I "bow down" to you superior knowledge , you are the master in these matters, I am merely an apprentice!! Leon.

You grovelling little creep.....You'll go far here young man.

Well it's all your fault Ned , I have bought it !!! Thanks for your help, I liked it from the off but that fake you showed me was pretty damn close! Cheers again, Leon

Hi Leon,

i think the badge you posted is a good original JFS piece.

I used to have one of these myself in super condition.

The details are crisp on these originals and the basemetal has a "blue" look to it.

Now,the Staegemeir fakes are very good as Ned has pointed out but there is no mistaking the two types if you have had an original in hand.

A good buy i think.

Regards,Martin.

Hello again Martin , I like this one a lot , it was not until I saw that fake that I became concerned as it was very close. Still , it's all come together and I have learnt a bit on this one so that's good. Thanks for your thoughts , Leon.

Hello chaps , well I have it here ,what do you fella's think of it with these images? Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)   Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)  

Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)   Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)  

Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)  
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 01-16-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast