Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?

Article about: Hi guys, this destroyer war badge dealer has offered to me in exchange for air gunner/radio operator which i posted yesterday. It looks like genuine piece to me, i am almost sure about that,

Good info Doug.
    The process of zinc deteriorating would be of course age, climate, handling. Such as "zinc pests" or bubbling. Who can say at what point would these repros would start "breaking down" ? 25years, 50 years ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?
    P
    Many

Quote by real steel View Post
    Good info Doug.
    The process of zinc deteriorating would be of course age, climate, handling. Such as "zinc pests" or bubbling. Who can say at what point would these repros would start "breaking down" ? 25years, 50 years ??
    In my opinion they start breaking down as soon as they are made Real Steel.
    When melting the zinc and letting it stand for a few days the oxidisation (discolouration) begins to form quite quickly.
    The oxidisation / ageing process can be accelerated with various chemical processes.

Zinc pest can quickly be replicated by the use of phosphoric acid...but the fakers know all this!

The under plate bubbling that is found on many original badges is now being found replicated by the forgers.
    This is where careful appraisal is need to see if there are badges with a 'bubble match' indicating the reproduction taken from an original badge.

Cheers
    Doug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2