Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Zinc pest ......... Help !!!!!!

Article about: Hey guys, my new APB is suffering from a little ZINC pest. I talked to a few guys who saw the badge in person, they said the pest is very light, i should be able to remove with just a extra

?

Default Zinc pest ......... Help !!!!!!

Hey guys, my new APB is suffering from a little ZINC pest. I talked to a few guys who saw the badge in person, they said the pest is very light, i should be able to remove with just a extra soft tooth brush, but i am hesitant....this badge is super rare, i don't want to hurt it!!!!! If i use Vaseline, how exactly to i do it,what is the exact process? What brand Vaseline? ...... do i do the whole badge or just the area affected?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zinc pest ......... Help !!!!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zinc pest ......... Help !!!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Zinc pest ......... Help !!!!!!

Cost it in vaseline for 24 hours. After 24 hours, remove the coat of Vaseline, only leaving a thin layer for further protecting. Very simple progress, good luck.

Also, it you have the pest, it will help it much more than hurting it. The pest tend to grow with time.

?

How do i apply the Vaseline, extra soft bristled toothbrush? How do i remove., do i coat just the area with pest or the whole badge?

I wouldnt use a brush. I just used my fingers, spreading it threw out. After 24 hours, I took a cloth and GENTLY wiped off 99%. Hope that helped.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 02-17-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Use a q-tip with any normal vaseline and dab and wipe gently on the whole badge. After 24 yours, wipe off all you can with a soft cloth and another q-tip.
    Ralph.
    P.S. Nice badge!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's ruined! send it to me and I'll dispose of it!

Awesome badge, Josh!

?

Whatever you do, don't scrape. A very gentle brushing with a soft toothbrush to remove any loose stuff and then apply the vaseline as described above.

I would apply the vaseline with my fingers personally. The heat from them will melt the vaseline slightly and allow better application into all the hard to reach recesses. Don't be shy applying it, it will be wiped off.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Actually you put 1/4 of a jar of vaseline in your rectum, insert the badge 3 inches into the rectum and leave it there for 2 hours and then squat and deposit the badge onto potting soil spread on a flat surface to avoid dents and dings. After cleaning with tooth brush and anti bacterial soap it will look like it has just it has hust been issued.

?

Ok guys, buying supplies tom. Wish me luck!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast