MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set

Article about: Hi guys, i want post my "new" Fallschirmschützenabzeichen from Assmann.I think the badge had a eventful life,but i like the worn badges.It´s a early badge in Buntmetall. Regards Jo

Default Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set

Hi guys,

i want post my "new" Fallschirmschützenabzeichen from Assmann.I think the badge had a eventful life,but i like the worn badges.It´s a early badge in Buntmetall.

Regards
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set   Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set  

Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set   Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set
    P
    Many

Asp
    ?

Default Re: Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set

Joe,

Your Fallschirmschützen-collection is inimitable, as usual.

My respect,
    Alex

that is a cracker.[jealous].

I notice that the man in the wedding-photo is highly decorated...But I'm a bit confused by the HJ armband/Insignia...He won all those awards as a member of the HJ?
    A beautiful badge, friend!
    Cheers, Glenn

?

Stunning badge Joe! Did this come from the vet in the photo? Are they the same badge?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Beautiful.

I bought the badge together with the wedding photo,a Kreta cuffband (postwar) and a 1957 medal bar.The case was in my collection before i bought the group.But the case is fitting perfect to the badge (early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen was awarded in this case type).

The seller told me,that the vet was also holder of the german cross in Gold.It is on the wedding picture not to see,because his wife is standing in front of the vet.

But the seller had self no exactly informations about the group and the history of the vet.And i am always careful with stories that i can not proove self.So it is a question of believing!

@Glenn:I was also irritated as i saw the picture with the HJ armband/Insignia.But when we look to the backside of the pic can we find a possible answer.I would say the wedding was at the 16. April 1946 and the pic was made after the war.

@Adrian:I have made a closer pic of the badge on the photo and i think it is a early Assmann badge.The shape and details are fitting imo.

I have searched for the name Herbert Simon in german cross i.G lists.I could find this name not,but the lists are also not complete!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set   Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set  

Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set   Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set  

That was a very brave guy to pop on his banned military uniform for a wedding photo one year AFTER the war had ended, he could have gone to jail for that!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    That was a very brave guy to pop on his banned military uniform for a wedding photo one year AFTER the war had ended, he could have gone to jail for that!
    I agree Glenn.How do you understand the written words guys? In german is to read:Zur Erinnerung an unseren Hochzeitstag 16.April 1946
    Eure Pezi und Herbert

In english:To remember to our wedding day 16.April 1946

your Pezi and Herbert

I understand it so,that the wedding was after the war.

I have found a discussion of the group in the WAF:Paratrooper lot with questions - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

IMO the wedding pic was made after the war and the wedding was also after the war.I saw a few post war pics of vets of full decorations and Nazi insignias they was made after the war.I think it was no big problem,a short time after the war,to find a photograph who made pics in complete Nazi uniform!

I bought the group from the thread starter in the WAF discussion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast