Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set

Article about: Hi guys, i want post my "new" Fallschirmschützenabzeichen from Assmann.I think the badge had a eventful life,but i like the worn badges.It´s a early badge in Buntmetall. Regards Jo

Default Re: Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set

When did the Wehrmacht officially disband? It wasn't May 8th, 1945. Members of the armed forces were kept on after the war to ease the transition back to peace time. Could it be that this veteran was shifted to the HJ near the end of the war due to injury and was kept on to supervise youth in post war activities? NH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set
    P
    Many

This is a real mystery to me...I doubt he would have been supervising postwar youth with that armband, however. Even among those units that weren't disbanded immediately they would eliminate the Swastika from their uniforms, duty-stamps, etc...Looking at his many rather high awards I hate to speculate that he simply decided to play "dress-up" for the occasion, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Glenn, I agree - it is a mystery. Could this be a one year anniversary photo copied and shared with others after the war? NH

?

It's an interesting grouping whatever the story and I agree with you Joe that the badge being worn is an Assmann.

Could it be that the soldier was home on leave and decided to get married on the spur of the moment and this was the only smartest uniform available?

What's the colouring on the HJ armband? Is it an attempted denazification or has it been edited onto the photo?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

He was a Paratrooper...he wasn't afraid of Anything....including laws that forbade him to be proud of it...

Great cased badge, by the way! Worn but in Excellent shape! Nice to see the case as well! Well done!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

sorry guys I find the photo very suspect,a hj armband aSachsen triangular badge,no rankbadges on lapels hj epperlettes.not good.

Thank you guys for your interesting and the discussion to the pieces and the photo!

I agree that the photo is suspect and that they are coming some questions to it.The photo itself is 100% real,no modern photoshop copy.

I share the opinion of Adrian,that the HJ Uniform was the only smartest uniform available after the war.It makes sin.The vet was in the HJ before he was taken to the Fallschirmjäger and let his HJ uniform at his home during the war.For the wedding pic after the war he could only take what he have to this time.

About your question Adrian:What's the colouring on the HJ armband? Is it an attempted denazification or has it been edited onto the photo?

I dont know!I think we will never know what happend exactly.

Quote by Asp View Post
    Joe,

Your Fallschirmschützen-collection is inimitable, as usual.

My respect,
    Alex
    Hi Alex,

nice that you like my badges.I have made a photo,a few time ago with some Fallschirmschützenabzeichen out of my collection.I have no big talent to make good photos,but this photo is looking not bad.

Regards
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Assmann Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Set  

That's a superb looking collection Joe!

Hi Joe, great looking collection you have mate, guess it has now increased, take care, Juan

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi guys,

i want post my "new" Fallschirmschützenabzeichen from Assmann.I think the badge had a eventful life,but i like the worn badges.It´s a early badge in Buntmetall.

Regards
    Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2