Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjaeger Schutzen Abzeichen Juncker Maker Marked

Article about: Good evening guys, I have been offered this Luftwaffe Paratrooper badge with the maker mark of 'Junker' - the hardware on this piece looks okay but not sure about the double stamping on the

Default Fallschirmjaeger Schutzen Abzeichen Juncker Maker Marked

Good evening guys,

I have been offered this Luftwaffe Paratrooper badge with the maker mark of 'Junker' - the hardware on this piece looks okay but not sure about the double stamping on the maker mark??

Could I please have a second opinion.

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjaeger Schutzen Abzeichen Juncker Maker Marked   Fallschirmjaeger Schutzen Abzeichen Juncker Maker Marked  

Fallschirmjaeger Schutzen Abzeichen Juncker Maker Marked   Fallschirmjaeger Schutzen Abzeichen Juncker Maker Marked  

Fallschirmjaeger Schutzen Abzeichen Juncker Maker Marked  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjaeger Schutzen Abzeichen Juncker Maker Marked
    P
    Many

Stay away Glen, it's a dog. The rear set up is pure fantasy crap.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi, there's no quality to be seen here Glenn. The pin looks like a tent peg and the three rolls on the front of the award look they have been "cut down" at the base. A real stinker, save your cash! Leon.

the pin gives it away for a start.fake.

Thank you all for your help - take it the error with the sticking of the maker mark is also a red flag?

Thank you, Glen.

Hi Glen, the first thing that jumps out is the semi broad pin of the type found on 57 pattern awards. Commit this to memory and you will easily spot bad badges simply due to the pin design.

Fakers like to add makers marks, as many collectors especially the new and ill informed, like markings. However, the shrewd collector will know the attributes of badges made by the different makers, such as pin, hinge and catch set up's and die flaws to the design. So in many respects a marked fake badge is easier to determine as fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

when you guys point out all the problems, it really is a mess.

sad that people try to sell fakes, it's a minefield out there.