Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?

Article about: Hi All, Can anyone please confirm if this Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assman is Real or a Fake? My feeling is that it is a fake but your opinions would be greatly received please, Thank you

Question Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?

Hi All, Can anyone please confirm if this Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assman is Real or a Fake?
    My feeling is that it is a fake but your opinions would be greatly received please, Thank you for your time.

(P.S. This was part of a private collection with the majority in mint condition, but I am unsure about this one.)

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Assman) Real or a Fake?
    P
    Many

Bad fake IMO
    Wrong pin hook and rivets

Doug

Aaah struggling to see the pictures on my phone but I am now sure it is one of the Birmingham fakes
    It might be worth posting some others from the collection as I know this was just a single piece from a massive set of forgeries this chap made
    All the best
    Doug

Hi,

Doug is right. It is a fake based on the Juncker/S&L design...please look here:https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/falls...eichen-556026/

Looks like the badge is coming from the same fakers source. The riveting was good done for a Assmann riveting, but design from eagle and wreath are complete wrong and set-up too.

KR
    Joe

Thanks Doug, I thought so,
    When I received it and had it in my hands I just knew and got that sinking feeling that i'm sure most of us have all had before.

Thanks for your input its greatly appreciated.

Neil.

Thanks Joe, your input is greatly appreciated, Unfortunately I did not do my research before buying,
    Normally I do, will have to use it as a fill in until next time.

Thanks again,
    Neil.

bad bird.

its a shame these are going around, these badges cost alot and are really nice in your collection so sad to see people scammed like this, thats why ive started to buy reference books to the Items i collect
    allso the help on here has been very good

can you return it? how much did they charge? was it from a website?

Regards Martin

Hi Martin,

Its my own fault, I normally do full research but on this occasion I put my trust in the person selling it,
    Its my own stupid fault really, thought I was getting a bargain at a knocked down price, cost me £92, even though I know how much
    they really cost £££, I was convinced it was a good one, as the saying goes "if it's to good to be true"

I let my guard down which normally I'm quite good at, ohh well you live and learn!

I did the same on a Luftwaffe Pilots badge also from the same person cost me £220, thought the same thing as above, ohh well wont make that
    mistake again, (Hopefully Details are on another thread.

Unfortunatly there is no returns with this so called "Private Collector" That in its self should of set off alarm bells, as I say my guard was down
    and put too much trust in that person.

Thanks for your input anyway, most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Neil.

Hi, as you already know, this is a bad copy, the wreath looks particularly "sharp" to me, you could almost cut yourself on it! At least you will know not to trust this guy again and hopefully his reputation will take a knock so that others will steer clear of his "wares"!! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast