Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi there… I have purchased a Luftwaffe Paratrooper Badge and after looking all the forum discussions I have still some doubt although I think it’s real. Can anyone with more experience help

?

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Hi there…
    I have purchased a Luftwaffe Paratrooper Badge and after looking all the forum discussions I have still some doubt although I think it’s real. Can anyone with more experience help me out here? I would like to know if this is the real one or not. Manny thanks in advance…!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-06-2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Hi there and welcome,

I personally believe that this badge is a fake. If you look below you'll see a known copy that bears all the same hallmarks, the wrong sunken rivets being the same and a big red flag. The only difference here is the hinge, but these are regularly variated by the fakers depending on what they can get. Note that the wreath has the same flaws when comparing the two together.

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der LuftwaffeFallschirmschützenabzeichen der LuftwaffeFallschirmschützenabzeichen der LuftwaffeFallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

The biggest problem I can see, and one that I believe is not found on any genuine Juncker Luft Para badges is the makers mark with the upright of the letter "L" being dead straight. On all originals I've seen the upright "L" always leans to the left, and is a sign that is looked for by collectors as it helps indicate an original badge. Here's a genuine maker mark for comparison.

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

I would wait for other opinions on this first though.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Ned, nothing close to any of the different Juncker variants

?

Thanks! This is helpful.
    I know there are books where you can read and see where to look for if you want the real thing and not a fake. Most of the books are very expensive.
    Does anyone knows an alternative in finding out if WW2 badges and medals are real or fake?
    I am looking on the internet for sites with pictures and directions or for PDF files of books and so on but it is hard to find a complete overview....
    Anyone familiar with that type of web sides or something like that?

I am only a member of this forum of two days and i find it very helpful already. A lot of people here who knows what they are talking about.
    Thanks again!!

Hi there, sorry that your badge resulted to be a fake. Unfortunately you are not the first one and sadly will not be the last one. Now, you ask about reading material, documentation, etc. My advice is as follow, before anything else, never buy an item before posting it in here first. I agree with you books are expensive, but if you are serious about collecting WWII militaria, you know that this is no cheap business, so what is a book s price at the end of the day compared to learning and making sure that this increasing knowledge will reinforce your purchases against fakes?, also, if I were you, I would join the Forum Gold member area. It s a way to support it and if you think carefully, what are 25 USD compared to all the knowledge you have in here from the best experts as well as all the database properly built up?, hope this helps

Well said Juan. You have taken the words out of my mouth.

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Neds observations and that maker mark alone would put me off. I don't believe it is even in the right place. It seems too far up and should be closer to the swastika I believe.

Regards

Mark

Hi, the chaps have said it all on this one I'm afraid. The straight "L" is a big giveaway, but I would add that Juan's recommendation about fully joining up is a wise course of action, it will save you $ £'s!! Leon.

?

Thanks to you all although I am somewhat disappointed about the outcome ;-)
    I will look and read about the benefits of being a Gold member for I did not find that section till now…. Thanks again…!

Hope you can get your money back
    Quote by RPMK View Post
    Thanks to you all although I am somewhat disappointed about the outcome ;-)
    I will look and read about the benefits of being a Gold member for I did not find that section till now…. Thanks again…!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast