MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: What do you think, good or bad? Thanks!

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

What do you think, good or bad?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

I think it's a genuine J2 pattern type 'D' badge. Better pic's of the reverse would help, the catch seems it may well be repaired so close up shots of it open showing the soldered area would confirm that either way, and while you're at it a focussed pic of the makers mark if possible as well please.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Ned, catch could be repaired.

Regards
    Joe

Thanks for helping. Any other problems than repaired catch? I can trade my PC for this badge. Its wort 900 eur?! And i can not ge t more photos.

Hi, the swastika has a "skinny" arm, misshapen

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think it's a genuine J2 pattern type 'D' badge. Better pic's of the reverse would help, the catch seems it may well be repaired so close up shots of it open showing the soldered area would confirm that either way, and while you're at it a focussed pic of the makers mark if possible as well please.

Regards, Ned.
    Yep the jeweler's torch scorching is unmistakable.
    But what the hell I have been repaired several times and my gal still keeps me around.

The best way to avoid that type of scorching is to soak the item in a mixture of denatured alcohol and borax for a few minutes before soldering and then it doesn't leave that nasty residue that is very hard to remove plus it tends to come back as discoloration if left exposed to air and moisture.

The borax and denatured alcohol doesn't totally mix and to some degree separates so it should be mixed in advanced and shaken or stirred before soaking the item.

More boring $hit from an old artist and silversmith that nobody cares about. BUT if you have a person that will fix an item it never hurts to mention the fact. Many jewelers especially amateur's are not aware of that procedure.

Quote by JeZoCoH View Post
    Thanks for helping. Any other problems than repaired catch? I can trade my PC for this badge. Its wort 900 eur?! And i can not ge t more photos.
    900Euros?? ... not when the Collectors Guild has one with a good catch for USD$775 and a broken catch for $655
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thumbs down

Since when did original Fj badges become worth $775???????????????
    Sarge

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    Hi, the swastika has a "skinny" arm, misshapen
    The swastika have to look so on this Juncker para badges.

Hi, just seen this thread, looks a good original award to me as well, but I would be put off by that repair as it looks a bit shoddy to me. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast