Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, good or bad ?

Article about: Hello all, could I ask opinions on this example please, offered for sale and the photos are the vendors so they are all I have to go on, your thoughts would be appreciated as I would really

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, good or bad ?

Hello all, could I ask opinions on this example please, offered for sale and the photos are the vendors so they are all I have to go on, your thoughts would be appreciated as I would really like to add one of these to my collection.

For what its worth I think the Adler's features are more reptilian than avian so the lack of detail puts me off, in the absence of any more knowledgeable opinions I would probably pass it, am I completely wrong ? Help.

Thanks.

Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, good or bad ?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, good or bad ?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, good or bad ?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, good or bad ?  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-02-2017 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, good or bad ?
    P
    Many

Please read this thread and keep thin in mind when posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's no Juncker...Oddly enough, it's marked as a Junker?...
    cheers, Glenn

I've got two versions of a Juncker badge in my book (are there more versions?).

Going by those I would say yours is bad. The hinge on yours is short whereas the ones I've looked at are short. Also the hook on yours is like a claw as opposed to the rounder version I'm looking at.

The hardware on your photo looks like hardware from an S&L or GH Osang.

I am, as always, ready to get shot down in flames ha ha!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Please read this thread and keep thin in mind when posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    ThankYou. I consider myself suitably chastised, it won't happen again.

Thanks for the contributions so far Gentlemen.

Hi, as you noted, the quality of the details on this one look very poor and I would not expect that from this maker. Also the Adler looks to have been painted, not a badge I would be looking to buy. Leon.

Certainly one of the many fakes on the market attributed to Juncker. The obvious giveaway is the maker mark which is not a match for that found on genuine Juncker Luft Para badges.

Let's compare:

Original Maker's Mark.

Note the backward leaning 'L' in BERLIN, that is always a feature of the Juncker maker mark. Also note the angular flat bottomed letter 'S' in SW. Another feature that should always be present.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fake Maker's Mark.

No slanting 'L' and a rounded 'S' give the game away at a single glance. Compare the two together and the differences are clear.

There's other problems with the badge that are legion, but this particular error is all you need worry about regarding this particular fake.

@ Jamie:

There are currently 12 variations of the Juncker Luft Para badge known to have existed....So far. There may of course be others waiting to break cover, only time will tell.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks very much Leon and Ned, the details regarding the maker mark are very useful, noted for the future. Thanks again.