MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, Juncker Type G?

Article about: Hi guys, I am looking to buy. Is this in your opinion a good Juncker Type G?, by crossreferencing with Durante s book, I believe this one to be a Juncker Type G?, many thanks for your help,

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, Juncker Type G?

Hi guys, I am looking to buy this. Is this in your opinion a good Juncker Type G?, by crossreferencing with Durante s book, I believe this one to be a Juncker Type G?, many thanks for your help, Best Regards, Juan

Just out of curiosity, in general terms and out of your experience which maker is more desirable in zinc, Osand Type D or this Juncker Type G?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, Juncker Type G?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, Juncker Type G?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, Juncker Type G?
    P
    Many

You've got it nailed Juan.

Although I personally would wait for a better example than this one if I were you. These were the low point of Juncker production to start with, and this one is in a pretty rough state even though the hardware is intact and un-messed with, and is not a particularly desireable piece.

You'll do well to even get what you paid for it if and when you decided to sell. They are not uncommon badges, and this one rates low on the collector scale in my opinion, but it's up to you my friend.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

sound advice from Ned.

Ned, Harry, will follow your advice. In the future I will also buy zinc pieces, but they will have to be in much better shape and this one IMHO is not particularly cheap, that is 700 Euros or maybe I am wrong

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Ned, Harry, will follow your advice. In the future I will also buy zinc pieces, but they will have to be in much better shape and this one IMHO is not particularly cheap, that is 700 Euros or maybe I am wrong
    That's a ridiculous price if correct. Zinc badges really need to be in tip top condition for most serious collectors today, as trying to find genuine tombak/buntmetall examples in good order is getting harder by the week, so folks are looking more towards zinckers.

I read a comment yesterday by a senior collector of combat badges who said it was getting, quote:

"...incredibly difficult it is to find good early combat awards of any kind GAB, PAB or IAB.

On every show there will be a few but ALWAYS the same maker, Schickle, for all three awards, furthermore Wurster Bronze grade PAB's are also still available.

As far as all other makers are concerned these awards are much more difficult to pick up than an RK or DK".

And as surprising as that may sound, I believe he's right.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It makes sense Ned and it s good to know about this

Hi, a good original but the price is crazy, personally I have always liked worn and used examples as long as they are not completely trashed. This one has the "look" I like but not the ticket price, so even I would pass on it. Leon.

For instance for 800 Euros I could get from same seller this nice Assmann Type D in brass, for 100 Euros difference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, Juncker Type G?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, Juncker Type G?