Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?

Article about: Adrian said it excellent imo. It is for sure not a copy.It`s a badge attributed to the Company of Steinhauer & Lück and my opinion is going also to be a post war production as Adrian men

Default Re: Fallschirmjäger Badge Real or Fake?

Adrian said it excellent imo.

It is for sure not a copy.It`s a badge attributed to the Company of Steinhauer & Lück and my opinion is going also to be a post war production as Adrian mentioned.

Regards
    Joe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Joe, it's one of those tricky badges to know what to do with, not an original but not fake.

I guess if the price was low than it will be a keeper to fill a gap in a collection.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes it sometimes not easy with this S&L Fallschirmschützenabzeichen to spot the right production time!I think the eagle is made of "Cupal" and the wreath made of zinc.

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?Hi and welcome AFRIKAKORPS! Here is my all zinc late war S&L for you to compare with,the differences are extremely subtle as have already been pointed out. Leon.

?

Default Re: Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?

Looking at yours again Leon, I'm not sure if this one doesn't have the scrape on the pin as well...........

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Looking at yours again Leon, I'm not sure if this one doesn't have the scrape on the pin as well...........
    I know what you mean,i've been looking quite closely at mine again too! The mark is "impressed" and not a scrape as such but i'm happy to be proven wrong. I will try and take a picture of it through a magnifying loop. Leon. UPDATE, this is the best I could get Adrian, the more I look at it the more I think you're right,which is a touch annoying if it is the case as it has been passed "fit for service" in two other threads!! Leon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?  

Here's an example of the post war S&L 'scrape' close up, albeit on an APB, for comparison.

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?

What is the concensus on this?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned,that's a great close up!! Under my loop the mark on my pin does not have "un-even" levels to it. It is more like an impression? Also there is no great depth to it,to be fair it looks more prominent on my pictures than it really is. I am not sure anymore as to whether mine is a period or post war S&L but it does not show these scrapes/lines that your great detailed picture shows? Thanks again Ned, much appreciated. Leon.

?

There are marks on the wartime made pins from S&L that are a shorter, rounder, oval dimple. The postwar scrape is a longer and thinner scrape mark. Unfortunately I think Leon's badge falls into this category.

I must admit I called the badge good when it was posted initially but now looking closer I think I might have been wrong for which I apologise.

No need to apologise Adrian, you and the rest of the forum called it good! I am going to do a terrible thing and give the area of the pin a polish to see the depth/angle etc of the mark as it still does not show scrape like marks to me in hand. I will post a new picture of the area when it is cleaned. Thanks, Leon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast