Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?

Article about: Adrian said it excellent imo. It is for sure not a copy.It`s a badge attributed to the Company of Steinhauer & Lück and my opinion is going also to be a post war production as Adrian men

Default Re: Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?

Maybe these pic's will help a little, although not the best focussed in some cases.

First, known wartime production badges by S&L, with the indentation as so accurately described by Adrian.

And these are of post war '57 S&L badges, there is a noticable difference in the shape/definition of the indentation or 'scrape'.

These differences were first noted by Tom Durante back in 2010. The most contentious badge of all appears to be the Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen, as there are various examples in collections that are made using wartime parts, eagle, wreath, rivets etc. but were actually assembled post war as now known by the presence of the elongated tool mark on the pin compared to the truncated type seen on wartime badges.

What needs deciding here is which type does Leon's badge match up closest to on the evidence of the pin tool marks shown above.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

So all in all my badge is a post war made?

Quote by AfrikaKorps View Post
    So all in all my badge is a post war made?
    Hi,sorry I have "crashed" into your thread! You're badge is either post war made or It is as mine is looking increasingly likely a period wreath and adler but constructed post war by the original company( S&l) using a "give away" mark on the pin. Leon.

?

The components I'm sure are period except for the pin. When it was assembled is anyone's guess but it is increasingly like it was assembled after the end of the war using wartime stock.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Ok now I understand ! But the pin is not wartime?

?

Not to my understanding. The concept of the '1957 scrape' is that it was found on post war badges, commonly on the 1957 re-issue pieces. It has also been found on pre 1945 design badges and awards which then raises the question of when these pieces were assembled.
    Steinhauer & Luck continued business after the war and are still going today. It is very likely that wartime components were kept in stock and when a market became available for them they were put together with the newer '1957 scrape' pin being used because that's what was currently in production.

?

Here are some pics I have unashamedly 'borrowed' from Nick Hessens which he posted on his thread to showcase his 1957 awards. There are some combat badges and a Deutsche Kreuz in Gold. Note the same scrape appearing on all of these S&L awards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?  

Quote by AfrikaKorps View Post
    Ok now I understand ! But the pin is not wartime?
    The "badge" itself is period wartime,the pin is not! A complicated fuss I know,but hey, were both in the same boat with this one. For me a genuine piece as the "major parts" are period(but obviously never issued during the war), and then finished by the original manufacturer at a later date. Leon.

Ok I got this pin with a Afrika cuff title for $220 in a recent auction so I'm happy.

In your guys opinion what's this badge worth?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast