Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?

Article about: Hi Guys :-) Love this site! Hoping that some of the resident gurus can give me some feedback on the attached Infantry Para badge (Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres), please? It's high q

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?

Hi Guys :-)
    Love this site!

Hoping that some of the resident gurus can give me some feedback on the attached Infantry Para badge (Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres), please?

It's high quality, very crisply detailed and marked as a Juncker on the obverse. I've purchased it from a respected member of Germanmilitariacollectables.com and have the option to return if not completely happy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?  Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?

I' d return it. Markers mark & talon area look iffy from the pics. Not keen on eagles head either. Someone else may be able to help. Stewy S

Can you post a pic of the reverse straight on with the pin open please. Stewy S

Hi Stewy et al,
    Attached are some higher-res images. Thanks for your assistance, here, much appreciated.

Jimbo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?  

Here's another couple of images (bugger, added a couple of doubles...sorry!) - 1 in particular to to show the width of the tail.

Jimbo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - Good or Not?  

I would return this badge. My concern would also be the eagles head and the lack of the die flaw to the beak which results in the eagle having a "beard" like protusion.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, hopefully that's as a result of my photography! I'm improvising at the mo but will take some more shots of the head area tomorrow when my 'proper' camera returns with my partner; it actually looks much nicer 'in the flesh'.

Jimbo

Hi Jim, you're extra pics confirmed my suspicions & as Ade & myself say it should be returned if possible. The makers mark's in the wrong place,also the new pics show that the eagles head is not what it should be. These are high end badges & the fakers know that but they still slip up & hope folks won't realise. All i can say it that i wouldnot be happy with this award & would return it. Stewy S

Hi Jimbo, your pics are fine. But I would honestly urge you to return this badge for a refund.

Cheers, Ade.

No problems, thanks for the feedback guys. This is the first Heer Fallschirmjager that I came across and it was with a bunch of 'good uns' so I thought it was worth a stab. It's definitely very high end with respect to the quality and overall detail, to my mind anyway. Sometimes you can just 'feel' if something's not right, but this one didn't set any flags off for me. Ah well caveat emptor & cheers!

Jimbo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast