Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, some help needed.

Article about: im thinking of getting a paratrooper badge seen a couple don't no loads about them, just really like them and what to add one to my small collection nice to have something from a elite soldi

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, some help needed.

im thinking of getting a paratrooper badge seen a couple don't no loads about them, just really like them and what to add one to my small collection
    nice to have something from a elite soldier

M & T Militaria - German Militaria, Nazi Militaria, Medals, Third Reich
    The Collector's Guild
    The Collector's Guild
    https://www.history-shop.de/katalog/...r_92115_e.html
    https://www.history-shop.de/katalog/...t_92212_e.html
    https://www.history-shop.de/katalog/...t_69146_e.html

what do you think of them, do you know of any? what sort of price should i be looking to pay?

how elite was the paratrooper, i read this some nice info
    Fallschirmjager, The German Paratroopers
    allso what other paratrooper items can i get?

Martin
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-15-2015 at 06:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, some help needed.
    P
    Many

Hi Martin, prices vary wildly with these depending on maker and condition. The designs also vary quite heavily on the Adler so there will be some that will appeal more than others to you. An example from me would be that I prefer the Assmann Adler to a Steinhauer and Luck one, but you may prefer the other! You will really need to look at the variations/makers yourself, make a decision and post up your preferred option on the forum. All I will add is that the collectors guild is a good seller. Leon.

Now, me, on the otherhand, I prefer the early GWL's. Unfortunately, the only one Kai Winkler looks to have is a later issue piece with no finish on the wreath. I'd keep an eye out for a nice early GWL with full silver finish on wreath and flawless gilding on the eagle. You'll likely have to hunt for awhile for one and when you do, you'll pay in the area of, maybe, $1500US for it or so, but it'll be a Quality badge that you can look at with full satisfaction. It will also keep it's value and resale value better in the future. Never be in a hurry-take your time and hunt for the one that talks to you and is in the best condition and perfectly made by a top notch maker. (a Case is also a Plus)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Regarding other FJ items you could buy: a word of caution, sadly nothing is cheap!

FJ specific items would be the smock, helmet and cover, gloves, ammo bandoleers, boots and gravity knife.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A cheaper item is the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen in cloth.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Martin, prices vary wildly with these depending on maker and condition. The designs also vary quite heavily on the Adler so there will be some that will appeal more than others to you. An example from me would be that I prefer the Assmann Adler to a Steinhauer and Luck one, but you may prefer the other! You will really need to look at the variations/makers yourself, make a decision and post up your preferred option on the forum. All I will add is that the collectors guild is a good seller. Leon.
    well ive seen a couple now so are they the two different types Assmann Adler, Steinhauer and Luck
    ive been googling and theirs alot of confusing stuff coming up, yeah ive had some EK1s and a Krim Shield from there they are good a little pricey on the EK1s well thats what some people said on here when i posted them up i do like the look of this one as its got alot of the gold on it dose not seem to say anything about the style M & T Militaria - German Militaria, Nazi Militaria, Medals, Third Reich
    been told hes a good seller

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Now, me, on the otherhand, I prefer the early GWL's. Unfortunately, the only one Kai Winkler looks to have is a later issue piece with no finish on the wreath. I'd keep an eye out for a nice early GWL with full silver finish on wreath and flawless gilding on the eagle. You'll likely have to hunt for awhile for one and when you do, you'll pay in the area of, maybe, $1500US for it or so, but it'll be a Quality badge that you can look at with full satisfaction. It will also keep it's value and resale value better in the future. Never be in a hurry-take your time and hunt for the one that talks to you and is in the best condition and perfectly made by a top notch maker. (a Case is also a Plus)
    ive always wondered if i when't to sell one of my items how much i would get get (no that i would ever want to that is but nice to know would a dealer just try to rip you off)
    i would like to buy one at the right price like you said with a nice quality have you seen any?
    yeah im yet to see one in a case, can you buy a case after and add it?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Regarding other FJ items you could buy: a word of caution, sadly nothing is cheap!

FJ specific items would be the smock, helmet and cover, gloves, ammo bandoleers, boots and gravity knife.

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks Ade you allway seem to help the noob (me) lol, nothing is cheap in German WW2 only Post war
    is there a book on paratroopers items? or i site or something i can look at? to educated my self

Quote by scottmadoo View Post
    A cheaper item is the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen in cloth.

yeah ive seen them there nice but just not the same as the metal one

Yeah your right nothing like the actual award, but for the money still good to have in any FJ collection.

Here's a good book:

Regards Scott

That´s the best book to become very good Informatios about the different makers and details of the different badges.

IMO is the price for an early unmarked (attributed to "FLL") Fallschirmschützenabzeichen much to high and this badges are not so popular as for example Juncker, Deumer, IMME & Sohn, GWL etc. M & T Militaria - German Militaria, Nazi Militaria, Medals, Third Reich

Let you time for your choice!

Joe

Hi Martin, my pleasure. The best book on FJ kit is this one. I have it in my library and it is all colour pics on each page.

GERMAN PARATROOPS: Uniforms, Insignia and Equipment of the Fallschirmjager in World War II (for Me! Book): Amazon.co.uk: ROBERT KURTZ : 9780764310409: Books

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by scottmadoo View Post
    Yeah your right nothing like the actual award, but for the money still good to have in any FJ collection.

Here's a good book:

Regards Scott
    yeah i will add one deffo, why did they have the cloth badges?
    yeh good book cost alot

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    That´s the best book to become very good Informatios about the different makers and details of the different badges.

IMO is the price for an early unmarked (attributed to "FLL") Fallschirmschützenabzeichen much to high and this badges are not so popular as for example Juncker, Deumer, IMME & Sohn, GWL etc. M & T Militaria - German Militaria, Nazi Militaria, Medals, Third Reich

Let you time for your choice!

Joe
    so you think that one is to much?
    do you know of any that i mite be interested in?
    what do you think of this i like the look of it https://www.history-shop.de/katalog/...t_92212_e.html

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Martin, my pleasure. The best book on FJ kit is this one. I have it in my library and it is all colour pics on each page.

GERMAN PARATROOPS: Uniforms, Insignia and Equipment of the Fallschirmjager in World War II (for Me! Book): Amazon.co.uk: ROBERT KURTZ : 9780764310409: Books

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks that book dose look very good i will get it the ww2 Militaria books cost alot lol not cheap
    the other one is £150
    seen this one for £47 on ebay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast