MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, some help needed.

Article about: im thinking of getting a paratrooper badge seen a couple don't no loads about them, just really like them and what to add one to my small collection nice to have something from a elite soldi

Please post photos directly to the thread.
    We frown on just posting links here as the thread will become useless in the future.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, some help needed.
    P
    Many

has any of you guys seen any that is of good quality
    i do like the one with the better finish but the other seems to have a maker mark
    what do you guys think of this two? i what one that is a really good quality and has good resale valueFallschirmschützenabzeichen, some help needed.Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, some help needed.

Better wait for Joe on the GWL badge, I have serious doubts about that one being genuine. These are copied remarkably well, and I feel that the overall look of the wreath on this example is soft and lacks detail on the acorns and oakleaves. The eagle's feet and claws are again poorly defined in my opinion, as is the fletching on the feathers around the elbow and head/neck area.

On the reverse I am also concerned about the doughnut rivets not being quite right compared to originals. The picctures aren't the best though; it might be normal wear, so maybe it's just me being over cautious!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thanks ned dose the other badge look okay?
    its a shame theres so many copys around and for the money you want real sad really
    Martin

Good morning,

i have my doubts too, when i look on the "GWL" badge. As Ned pointed out, those "GWL" badges are often faked and in parts in high end quality. I would pass this badge too. IMO not the typical very good finish of this maker to see....rivets are looking strange too imo.

For comparing self a textbook "GWL" badge out from a private family source.

Kind Regards
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, some help needed.   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, some help needed.  

Thanks Joe i will pass on it
    its really hard to find one of these badges, have you seen any for sale?

im going to save them pics now thanks
    do you have any other pics of different types of these badges

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Martin, my pleasure. The best book on FJ kit is this one. I have it in my library and it is all colour pics on each page.

GERMAN PARATROOPS: Uniforms, Insignia and Equipment of the Fallschirmjager in World War II (for Me! Book): Amazon.co.uk: ROBERT KURTZ : 9780764310409: Books

Cheers, Ade.
    ive ordered this book looks really good thanks again
    you must have one big library?
    Martin

You can visite my profile and search in my started threads. I have started a few threads here in WRF with some para badges. There can you maybe find too badges that you like.

Regards
    Joe

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Martin, my pleasure. The best book on FJ kit is this one. I have it in my library and it is all colour pics on each page.

GERMAN PARATROOPS: Uniforms, Insignia and Equipment of the Fallschirmjager in World War II (for Me! Book): Amazon.co.uk: ROBERT KURTZ : 9780764310409: Books

Cheers, Ade.
    my book come today and wow its really nice lots of good pics in there for reference, loads of good info
    thanks for the advice
    Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2