Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?

Article about: Dear colleague collectors, I'm a young starting collector with a very small collection. Have saved because I'm not going on holidays this year. Currently I'm looking for an ORIGINAL and reas

MAP
    ?

Quote by startingcollector View Post
    Yes, indeed Michael,
    that's what I meant the specific area. In the next days I'm expecting some price information about the values of these badges in all sorts of conditions by comparing.

In regarding to your last two points (repeated here below) I wish to ask the seller but prefer to hear it from a neutral person.
    A few members have -like you- also added much knowledge about Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen in earlier discussions like members "big ned" , "kradmelder" and '"fallschirmjager" from GB.
    Tied yesterday to email BIG NED with a private message.. but unfortunately no reply yet. He has like you very much knowledge I suppose referring to older posts about this subject.
    Do you know him?

1) The rivets should be brass and have dimples. But can't see from the photos. Looks like lots of dirt build up covering them. But they are deeply recessed with is a typical characteristic

3) Understand most pins were brass but this one appears to be steel. (note in Durante's book it looks like some examples were steel as well)
    I would just ask the seller. They are a reputable shop with a good return policy (I think..just double check what it is). Most reputable shops understand that photos only get you so far and in hand inspection is needed. Further they can't take photos to answer every possible question. That is where having it in hand for a few minutes will help immensely...

Ralph: Thanks. I think the issue with problems trying to upload photos has been sorted out...As far as multiple items, the blame is on me as I offered up "alternatives" and discussions then bounced between different awards. Our new member here is only interested in observations on only one of the paratrooper awards.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?
    P
    Many

GWL Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen -- Please OPINIONS from experienced collectors about conditions, prices and authentic?

Dear Michael and Brian,

Have studied further and looked and compared very intensively. Have an update ... discovered an error at the nozzle/beak of the eagle.
    Seems to be a lack caused during the production process. It disturbes me a lot .. when thinking about it and when comparing further.

AGREE ... your Belgium suggestion is better ... but there the irregularity at the swastika disturbs me also a lot ....

Thanks for your help, but it's perhaps the most wise thing now to pass on the item and to compare and looking further in the near future for other alternatives and suggestions.

MANY ... MANT Thanks

MAP
    ?

Quote by startingcollector View Post

Dear Michael and Brian,

Have studied further and looked and compared very intensively. Have an update ... discovered an error at the nozzle/beak of the eagle.
    Seems to be a lack caused during the production process. It disturbes me a lot .. when thinking about it and when comparing further.

AGREE ... your Belgium suggestion is better ... but there the irregularity at the swastika disturbs me also a lot ....

Thanks for your help, but it's perhaps the most wise thing now to pass on the item and to compare and looking further in the near future for other alternatives and suggestions.

MANY ... MANT Thanks
    I see nothing wrong. Just honest wear. But not sure exactly what you are referring to on the beak.

The key however is if you aren't happy then wait till you find something you like 100%. Don't settle. While expensive, these are not rare so you will eventually find something you like.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The beak of the bird is very coarse and little detailed. That will indeed by wear and tear. Have compared with other pieces of the same manufacturer. I have intended to go for a sharper beak. Other object so. Happily I have all the time and all patience. Sooner or later there will be a nicer badge that will satisfy me more and will be perhaps save hundreds of Euros.

MAP
    ?

Each maker/group had their own unique eagles. Best to find a style / maker that you like best to narrow down you sesrch.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4