Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?

Article about: by Kradmelder Hi, I know,that Juncker deliver Deumer with a wreath.Its a variant from Deumer at the market,with a Juncker wreath. KR Joachim Hi Joachim Agree - but not wreath only , eagles a

nickfalls79
    ?

Default Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?

i came across a badge in a box from my garage. i noticed the swastika, so it had to be nazi and from WWII. i did a little research and i found that its a German paratrooper badge. im not sure if its real or not. it has alot of detail on the eagle and the Wreath, but no manufacture stamp on the back of the eagle. how can i tell if its fake?

Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?  
    Last edited by Adrian; 12-18-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Paratrooper Badge Real?

Hello Nick,

Firstly, a warm welcome to the forum! I am sure that you will find it very enjoyable, and indeed both useful and rewarding.

Regarding the badge above...

You are correct, it is a German WWII Paratrooper's badge (Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen). The award was instituted ny Hermann Goring in 1936.

Not all awards are maker marked either.

As for authenticity, I am not an expert on these so please wait for others with more knowledge to confirm it, but I think that your example shown above is an original. In my opinion, it is an unmarked late war example with gilt washed adler attached to the wreath by two flat rivets.

Regards,

Carl

can you take front on pictures please (of teh front and back)

nickfalls79
    ?

heres a few more photos. hope they help.

Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?

Hi and welcome,

in my opinion it is a original latewar badge from Juncker,whitout makermark (carl said it).But Juncker never used rivets,like those on the shown badge.In my opinion the eagle and wreath are put together with new rivets.But still a very nice Paratrooper Badge from a very good company (Juncker).They were searched from many para collectors.

A very nice find at your garage.Have a second look at the garage,perhaps you can find more.

Cheers
    Joachim

Default Re: Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?

Hi guys

Frankly speaking - I have a problems to identify what I'm looking at.
    This is not a Juncker zinc wreath , this is not a catch which can be found on original badges.
    Vast majority of Juncker eagles - have 1st tallon filled off.I'm not at home to check my refernece material.

Sorry to say - .. to trash bin.

regards

Hi guys

I knew that I've seen it ..... - imo that is a Steinhauer and Luck badge.There are chances that eagle is cupal .
    Rivets are not original - so hard to say if this is war or post war badge.However - based upon pictures attached -
    I would say - close to the hinge there is 57'er scrape. So all in all - imo post war repaired S&L badge.
    S&L war badges - should have a dimple ( and sunken rivet ) as per my pictiure.Hope this may help.

However Nick : I do consider that your garage still has a lot of potential - and if you need a hand in cleaning , just let me know

regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?  
    Last edited by Flieger23; 12-19-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Hi Flieger,

i have another look at the badge.So i would say,you are right.It is from Steinhauer&Lück,and the pin its also repaired.I agree!The material from the eagle looks realy Cupal.

I show a Juncker badge(Typ J) out of my collection,to compare the eagles with the S&L eagle.It is a hybrid variant with a J2 wreath from a pilot badge from Juncker.

Cheers
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?   Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?  

Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?   Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?  

Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Badge Real?  

Hi Joachim

Rare combination indeed.While watching reverse ( pin , catch,hinge ) - I have Deumer alike feeling..
    Thanks for sharing.

regards

Quote by Flieger23 View Post
    Hi Joachim

Rare combination indeed.While watching reverse ( pin , catch,hinge ) - I have Deumer alike feeling..
    Thanks for sharing.

regards
    Hi,

yes Deumer used the same set-up.But at my badge,i think its from Juncker.I know,that Juncker deliver Deumer with a wreath.Its a variant from Deumer at the market,with a Juncker wreath.

Also Juncker delivered Steinhauer&Lück with material out from the Juncker production.

KR
    Joachim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast