Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Osang Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.

Article about: Hi guys, it is my first tread at this forum.I want to show this nice para badge from Osang.I hope you like it. cheers Joachim

Default Osang Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.

Hi guys,

it is my first tread at this forum.I want to show this nice para badge from Osang.I hope you like it.

cheers
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Osang Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.   Osang Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.  

Osang Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.   Osang Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.  

Last edited by Adrian; 11-15-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Osang Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Osang Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.

Hello Joachim, welcome to the forum and thank you for posting your badge.
    I have to say, the badge looks nice however there are a couple of things about it I'm not convinced by. Are the eagle and wreath both made of zinc? It looks like there are lots of small pinholes on the obverse of the eagle which is not a good sign. The rivets also look wrong compared to original Osang badges I've looked at. It might be a Staegemeir fake but I hope I'm wrong.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Unfortunately, there is bad news on this badge. I have had confirmation by Tom Durante who wrote the book on the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen that this is indeed a Staegemeir fake badge. He wrote:

"This is indeed a Staegemeir fake. Not sure if you have my Paratrooper Badge book, but I show this exact same fake as Reproduction #13, page 616."

I hope you can get you money back...........

Hi Adrian,

many thanks for help.I have the book from Tom and i looked into it.You are right,its a fake badge.

KR
    Kradmelder

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Adrian,

many thanks for help.I have the book from Tom and i looked into it.You are right,its a fake badge.

KR
    Kradmelder
    Sorry to hear that. It is an attractive fake nonetheless. I am glad to see that you did not make a ugly descent into collector's denial, as we so often see with threads of this type.

?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Adrian,

KR
    Kradmelder
    Sorry about that Joachim, I know it's not easy to join a forum and be told the first item you post is a fake.
    Hopefully there will better news on any further items you post!

Hi guys,

thanks for reply and the good words you send to me.Yes,it was a bad start at this forum.But was should i do?The next items i show,will be better.Sorry for my bad english.The badge go back to the dealer.

KR
    Joachim

?

Sorry about that Joachim, I know it's not easy to join a forum and be told the first item you post is a fake.
    Aint that the truth The first three items I posted here were fakes but I found an area to concentrate on and have learned alot. DONT GIVE UP! You will gain knowledge here and your collection will grow into something everyone can be amazed by Best of the British luck, Lee

Hi Joachim, you have done the right thing by joining the forum. All of us have bought fakes, so don't worry, it is all part of the learning process.

Now you are here you will have good people to help you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!