Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alloy Eagle

Article about: Ok I know it's a reproduction, I bought it as such, but it does display well, and measuring 16 inches across it does look the part. I haven't found an exact match for it on the net, most are

Default Alloy Eagle

Ok I know it's a reproduction, I bought it as such, but it does display well, and measuring 16 inches across it does look the part. I haven't found an exact match for it on the net, most are the 24" ones with all the markings. This only has a V on the back, threads are metric

Wouldn't it be nice if it was period. Oh well at least you know what you're getting with this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alloy Eagle   Alloy Eagle  

Alloy Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alloy Eagle
    P
    Many

Its not a reproduction

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Its not a reproduction
    Really? Tell me more

Its not a reproduction
    I agree. It's a Postal eagle as used on ReichPost busses and one of the nicest I've seen.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Its not a reproduction
    Unless someone has knocked off the V bird and I am not aware of it, they are simply not copied. Its the only maker mark on these little trolley/ bus adlers that I know to be 100% of the period. In addition the cast is proper for the bird and while I do not have file photos handy I am fairly certain its 100% original. I was handed a couple of these over the years vet direct and there is no doubt in my mind on the maker.

Bloody hell. I'm very happy, thanks guys. What with this and the Junkers badge the other day, I've had 2 scores, at the right prices. I bought a load of stuff last week, and even the guy that sold it to me said it was a copy. On looking at it, I did feel that the quality was there. And as you say, all the copies are quite easy to spot. I was hoping, hence the reason for putting it up in the first place. Happy days, Thanks fellas

Unless someone has knocked off the V bird and I am not aware of it, they are simply not copied. Its the only maker mark on these little trolley/ bus adlers that I know to be 100% of the period. In addition the cast is proper for the bird and while I do not have file photos handy I am fairly certain its 100% original. I was handed a couple of these over the years vet direct and there is no doubt in my mind on the maker.
    There's other maker marked versions around bearing the letters WCP, W+C and also another non maker marked. As far as I know the manufacturers are all unknown at this time although maybe some light will be shed on these when Wim Saris' book on the subject of Reichsbahn and Reichpost eagles is published.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    There's other maker marked versions around bearing the letters WCP, W+C and also another non maker marked. As far as I know the manufacturers are all unknown at this time although maybe some light will be shed on these when Wim Saris' book on the subject of Reichsbahn and Reichpost eagles is published.
    Yes, true. I am not sure of their status and many of them are painted which prohibits inspection and I have always kind of avoided these. They look o.k though and not sure what Saris may have on them. They are accepted as original in market and sell on dealer sites though, the V bird does have a cleaner cast as I recall and I do have an easier time with the larger birds than these. A couple large V birds have shown up from 24-29 inches as well but they are not common and appear to have their own traits, good,looking birds.

?

Congrats John !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

From the thought of repro to the real deal is awesome. This must have just made your day!!!!!!!!
    Congrats John
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast