Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"

Article about: Hello All, Big Ned saved me from taking the big plunge on a bad eagle. Thanks again Ned! It didn't take long for me to find the real deal (or at least I hope ). Here's my first bird for ever

a great bird.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Reichsbahn Railroad Eagle by "PS"
    P
    Many

Quote by Berghof View Post
    I wonder if there are any blueprints or factory documents out there describing the processes for these birds? Another thing I wonder about is that you read how the soldiers hack sawed these eagles off of the trains. I don't see how they could. The birds appear to be pretty flush against the trains and if you were to approach it from the inside of the train, the bolts were flush against the panel that it was bolted to. I also tried to research where these factories were....and came up empty.
    I know of printed material that can help us with these questions, we will soon have a book, a member of WarRelics (Mr. Wilhelm Saris), this book will have a lot of information, and perhaps obtain answers on these eagles.
    But I can tell you that my eagle and also his eagle never been on a train or building.
    Probably our eagle were made in a factory before being completed, and taken as a war trophy, because they do not have a thread for the screws.
    His eagle has markings on the head?
    I can only say that the paint was originally put some protection on the back, but do not know much about it.
    I am looking to buy an eagle used in trains, I am is, I was in the railway service, do not really like items unused.
    I tenteiu seek information on these items but few people have helped me in the WAF. I hope someone will help us here.
    The soldiers do not know how these eagles retreated, but with plenty of brute force, hehehehe.
    Good evening.

Eagles with uncut studs, so unused. I will tell something about the coating
    at the back and how the studs were threaded.

I will have answers looked for, but also could not find answers to questions
    I had myself (one cannot have it all). Some material shown in the book
    comes from official technical drawings (thanks to one of my co-authors).
    I also give information about what size eagle was to be used where or what!
    I show many photographs of eagles in use (not only at engines or cars).

At this moment the book is still in China, waiting to be shipped to Bender
    Publishing. So be patient!

I'm anticipating the books arrival. Hopefully this book will answer most of my questions. There's not much information out there regarding these pieces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2