Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle

Article about: opinions please guys The dull colour of the eagle can be attributed to the fact that it was never put into service. This was discovered in a basement recently in Germany, and therefore has n

Default Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle

opinions please guys
    The dull colour of the eagle can be attributed to the fact that it was never put into service. This was discovered in a basement recently in Germany, and therefore has never been in a collection before. It has the threaded holes for fixing, but no bolts or nuts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle   Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle  

Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle   Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle  

Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle   Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle
    P
    Many

?

I am not a fan of this bus eagle. It looks like it has many casting flaws, left of the body, within the arms
    of the swastika. The details of the wings look terrible. I can hardly see the details of the face.
    I am just guessing from the looks of it, it's only 15 to 15 1/8 inch wide. Bus eagles should be 15 3/4" wide.
    The smaller size would be do to the recasting process that leaves a shrunken cast fake.
    As the old saying goes, "buy the piece and not the story". Just my opinion.

?

Hey John,

Is it 40cm wide on wingspan? Here is an old thread from here on WRF below. I think I even saw one from your site years ago as well in your archives that had sold (reichspost eagle) with red behind swastika that looked to have better crisp detail and measured 16". Your web link is below and I tend to like the one you sold there much better than this one.

A couple years ago when I came across one in Las Vegas it was marked WCP and was 15 7/16 wide so we deemed it as a repro based on size, a tan overpaint and lack of details. As for this one posted today I am not really sold on the detail as it looks very similar to the one I passed on in 2015. Maybe it is my eyes or pictures but the detail on this one looks blurry or not crisp to me? See what Wim, Ned and others might think as well.

Old Thread WRF: Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark

Here is your old URL from internet I mentioned above: Postal eagle as used on Reich-post Buses/Trolley Buses | Eagle Relics
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-20-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Hey John,

Is it 40cm wide on wingspan? Here is an old thread from here on WRF below. I think I even saw one from your site years ago as well in your archives that had sold (reichspost eagle) with red behind swastika that looked to have better crisp detail and measured 16". Your web link is below and I tend to like the one you sold there much better than this one.

A couple years ago when I came across one in Las Vegas it was marked WCP and was 15 7/16 wide so we deemed it as a repro based on size, a tan overpaint and lack of details. As for this one posted today I am not really sold on the detail as it looks very similar to the one I passed on in 2015. Maybe it is my eyes or pictures but the detail on this one looks blurry or not crisp to me? See what Wim, Ned and others might think as well.

Old Thread WRF: Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark

Here is your old URL from internet I mentioned above: Postal eagle as used on Reich-post Buses/Trolley Buses | Eagle Relics
    Thanks - and yes I have had one before, and it was a used one, This one has lain in a basement along with a few others for many many years. The exact measurements are ....15 3/4" - which is 40cm wingspan and 10" - 25.5cm high. The detail is there, but it was the colour that I was worried about - having been in direct contact with the "guru" I am told that it probably is ok - but it is a hard call. So I'm no further forward. As a footnote - I had an offer on it before I put it up - and not wanting to sell a duff - I wanted confirmation either way

Quote by CURT P View Post
    Bus eagles should be 15 3/4" wide.
    The smaller size would be do to the recasting process that leaves a shrunken cast fake.
    It is exactly 15 3/4 inches, and as they were originally "cast" and not pressed, that doesn't hold water
    . but thanks anyway.

Sorry to say, but this one doesn't do it for me. Compare the sharp angular details of the inner wing feathers on the known original to the soft edged outline on the cellar found example. Also the differences in the thickness and again sharpness of the central stems on the oak leaves and ribbon edges compared to the one under discussion. The inclusion inbetween the swastika arms is also a red flag for me.

On the reverse side, again an overall softness on all edges and flat areas, the complete lack of the two casting holes/injection marks left by the molding process is also a concern for me, enough to make me pass at least and look for a more compatible one when compared with the known genuine item.

Best wait for others thoughts though, these are only my personal opinions.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The trolley eagle is no good. The upside down V on the left hand side and rough casting is a giveaway.

One of the reasons I put it up for discussion was that I was not comfortable with it - seems that as a dealer you always have to get it right!! well I don't always get it right sometimes I buy on impulse and then say DOH!! those that know me will confirm that if i am unsure i will always get it checked out - even though i believed it to be wrong all of the time - i somehow hoped that I hadn't pissed so much away - but the funny thing is - people still want to buy it!! Strange some folks are

I know what you mean... I offer a lifetime 100% money back guarantee on all items sold. I always try to get it right...don't want to be known for selling reproductions. Just because I sell, doesn't mean I'm an authority on everything Third Reich. The reason why I know this was a reproduction is because I posted a thread regarding the same make trolley eagle a few months back . Regardless, I like the no bull feedback that folks give on this forum. There are some well seasoned collectors on here that are very analytical with their approach and substantiate their feedback.

?

Quote by Berghof View Post
    I know what you mean... I offer a lifetime 100% money back guarantee on all items sold. I always try to get it right...don't want to be known for selling reproductions. Just because I sell, doesn't mean I'm an authority on everything Third Reich. The reason why I know this was a reproduction is because I posted a thread regarding the same make trolley eagle a few months back . Regardless, I like the no bull feedback that folks give on this forum. There are some well seasoned collectors on here that are very analytical with their approach and substantiate their feedback.
    I recently sold a S.S. armband to a fellow collector at a fair price.. Well below value.. My intentions were to pass on a piece that was no longer needed in my collection.. I would as others NEVER even consider selling a piece as original unless vetted here.. I don't really fancy the thought of getting "Banned" for unethical practices
    The buyer had it looked over at another sight and was given the .. I could not do that to another member / collector or anyone.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I sold this one a while back with no doubts what soever - the other one I showed at the beginning of this thread - had marked differences - but I "hoped"

Case closed - a nice wall hanger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle   Deutsche Reichsbahn -Trolly Bus/ Postal -Aluminium Eagle