Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store

Article about: Ben: I missed that one. \\$750 would of been a deal of a lifetime. A bronze one would be great to own but at those prices I'll have to live without one. I only saw two at the Max and they were

Default DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store

On my way home from college during Thanksgiving break I happened to stop at an antique store along the interstate. As I was walking the aisles searching for militaria, this large railway eagle caught my eye. It was in a glass case and tagged with a bargain price, $550! I believe it is a 24", but I didn't take that long of a look at it since I was in a hurry. I did grab a quick photo of it with my iPhone, and I'm hoping there is enough there to get an evaluation of its authenticity.? The tag on the right wing states "Removed in 1945, By Col. Bill McFadder From Railway Station at Furth Outside Nurenburg, Germany". The Railway eagle is labelled as "German Plaque Medal". I'm thinking about buying it next time I pass by in two weeks. I have a lot of experience buying from this particular store. The militaria items here are dirt cheap, and they hardly get any customers. Just to give you an example, the store had a paratrooper smock eagle uniform removed for $200, and it sat on the shelf for over 6 months before someone, me, bought it. At the same time, there are a few fake items such as a fake SS dagger priced at $800. Last time I was there it was gone, some poor soul probably bought it. This is why I always ask before I buy. I don't know much about DRB Railway Eagles, but this one looks good. It has a lot of detail and is finely crafted. I didn't, however, get a look at the back. Let me know what you guys think. Just click on the picture to make it larger.

Regards,
    Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store
    P
    Many

Default Re: DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store

It is the back which is the key feature on these, namely the securing lugs.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I'll take some photos of original lugs with me when I go visit again.

Corey

Hello Corey, I agree with Ade that good pictures of the reverse are definitely needed. $550 would be a steal if original. Get back there as soon as you can!
    Good luck!

Luke

I have seen them with the bolts still intact, and also with them sawed off, depends on how it was removed, I also saw one where the GI cut the wings off to ship it home easier then soldered them back on when he got home.
    and yet my local antique shop has nothing even close to something like this, nor anything from any wartime era......sigh

Indeed.

I'd freak if I ever saw anything like this - real or
    fake - at the Antique Mall near me.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank god for Texas is all I can say gents. Every antique mall has something from a vet relating to the tr era. But they always seem to be over priced sadly, guess it carries a lot of sentimental value.

Since you guys brought it up, here are some more photos of items in this store.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store   DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store  

DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store   DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store  

Corey: Did you ever get a chance to go back and check out the RR eagle?

Luke

It has been a while since I've been in the store, but I plan to drop in this weekend on my way home. I'll post photos if I get the Railway Eagle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast