Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store

Article about: Ben: I missed that one. \\$750 would of been a deal of a lifetime. A bronze one would be great to own but at those prices I'll have to live without one. I only saw two at the Max and they were

Default Re: DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store

I like the RR eagles but never seen one locally. Don't care to pay the big prices for one from a dealer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRB Railway Eagle in Antique Store
    P
    Many

If this is real,500$ would be a great deal.
    chris

?

Tons of fakes and repros around.
    Regards,
    John

At That price and with Provenance, I doubt that it's still there in any case. On stuff like this, you snooze-you lose. Being on the Interstate, it must have been seen by tons of collectors who know what it is by now.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice eagle if it proves to be good it is a steal as the others have said, It is towards the top of my wish list as soon as I get a real job.

I wish I had 750$ with me at the last Max show there was a guy that walked in and was carrying a brass one around that had suit on it form being near trains (never cleaned) and I heard him talking to a dealer about how his father brought it back, the dealer said it was real and then the guy said he wanted to sell it and the dealer got it for 750.... and it was a brass
    The dealer sold it within 30 minutes for somewhere around 5,000 USD if I remember correctly

Dealers like that should be banned from shows......Making a profit is natural, but That kind of profit is just ripping off a naive customer seller...
    William

Happens all the time.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I've seen it at coin shows too....once I was standing by a dealers table when an elderly woman came in a couple tables down with 2 1937 US Proof Sets-still in their brown boxes, that her husband had bought many years ago. The Dealer gave her $75 bucks for the pair of them, and as she walked away, he actually hooted and hollered to the other dealers around him and gave a little jig to celebrate...These people Really do the hobby proud when they pull this sort of stuff...
    William

I've seen it happen first hand with helmets. I called out a dealer on it once as the previous owner walked away. Dealer wasn't too happy but too bad. It was straight up highway robbery. Gives good dealers a bad name.

Many dealers are in it for the profit not the history, or preservation... I do not mind buying and later selling things but I would not want to become a dealer if it changed my priorities and destroy my morals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast