Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eagle info please

Article about: Good morning, I have recently been offered this eagle. It’s got no swastika in the eagles claws just an empty circle. I have been advised it may have been made straight after the war. Any ad

?

Default Eagle info please

Good morning, I have recently been offered this eagle. It’s got no swastika in the eagles claws just an empty circle. I have been advised it may have been made straight after the war. Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eagle info please   Eagle info please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eagle info please
    P
    Many

Have seen these floating around on eBay recently. That alone would make me highly skeptical of them. There's also the question of why a wartime piece would have omitted the swastika.
    Also, has the seller provided photos of the rear of the piece? If it is what it is claiming to be, there should be mounting lugs on the back. A feature that many fakes lack.

B.B.

?

Thanks BB. I was suggested to that it was just ‘post’ war not a wartime piece with regards to the lack of swastika.

Quote by Alowen View Post
    Thanks BB. I was suggested to that it was just ‘post’ war not a wartime piece with regards to the lack of swastika.
    It was almost certainly made postwar, perhaps as recently as a few years ago. Certainly not one I'd go for, knowing the relative scarcity and price range of these eagles. You were right to post it here before you bought it. I'm sure others with more knowledge and experience will affirm my suspicions soon.

B.B.

?

These are on eBay in fact that looks like the pic off eBay these are reproductions and the seller states that they are flat backs the price of 79.99 tells you it's repo in fact the seller doesn't hide the fact

?

Message read and understood.