Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Railway Eagle???

Article about: I would like to get opinions on whether or not this is a real or reproduction. I sent photos to a dealer, and was told that it is a repo but was then offered hundreds from said dealer which

?

Default German Railway Eagle???

I would like to get opinions on whether or not this is a real or reproduction. I sent photos to a dealer, and was told that it is a repo but was then offered hundreds from said dealer which makes me hesitate, I feel I might be getting played. It was passed down to me. My grandfather was in WWII and said that he brought it home, not saying it couldn't be a tall tale, but I would like to believe my grandfather didn't lie to me. Any knowledgeable information would be greatly appreciated. German Railway Eagle???German Railway Eagle???German Railway Eagle???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Railway Eagle???
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    It would be helpful to know the wing span.
    I believe this is a copy but hopefully I am wrong.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I meant to include that information, the wing span is 24 inches

Member "Big Ned" would be the one to ask-he's the Eagle guy to go to.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Its a bad eagle

This is a fairly common APAG 24" fake that is also found in the larger 35" format. Here's an old link from WAF that shows another.

My Railroad eagle--good or bad?? - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

These are still worth $350-$450 at least as a repro, a lot of guys can't afford the asking price of genuine ones that have gone through the roof the last few years.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

its nice but fake.

very very fake---

?

I appreciate the feedback all. A little disappointed that it is a repro, but happy to finally know.

Like Ned said though, it's still worth something... only not as much as an original, still a cool heirloom and representative in lieu of the real deal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast