Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German railway eagle

Article about: I became a owner of a metal german eagle. A collector and a good friend of me gave it to me..i m asking you if someone see similiar item and if this mine item also real is? - it is made from

ZeroCool
    ?

Default re: German railway eagle

Well that changes things. It certainly appears to be more metallic this way but it still appears to be a reproduction in my eyes... could be wrong though.

2. # ADS

?

Thanks for posting. I'm no expert but believe Alan is. The casting does seem a bit "rough". Hard to tell. One post appears to have saw marks (good), but others are clean. IMO, should have threaded posts, or (crude) saw marks on all to show GI removal in the field.

Then again, mine has unfinished posts that are not even cut.

Regards

Its still a reproduction.

?

I have seen in the past, what I thought to be a real one. It had screw posts on the backside, or rather remnants of the screw posts. seems it was rusty, if memory serves, which makes me think it was of iron or some such, other than aluminum. or perhaps, just the post remnants were rusty. It has been quite a while... I agree with all on railroad car eagles,...this does not look real

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2