Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Rail Eagle, authentic or not - wanting to sell

Article about: Greetings. I'm new to the forum, so please go easy on me. My uncle recently passed away, leaving me a German railroad eagle from the second World War. He told me a WWII veteran buddy of his

Thank you all for your input. I've looked at several auctions where authentic eagles like mine sold. They seem to have gone anywhere from $1700 to $2200. Does that sound about right?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rail Eagle, authentic or not - wanting to sell
    P
    Many

Sounds about right to me

What would be the appropriate subcategory to place this in the classified section? Are there additional recommended sites I could post this for sale?

Again, thank you for all the input.

On this forum I would put in in the (other third riech section) in the classifieds

Quote by Otto3649 View Post
    Thank you all for your input. I've looked at several auctions where authentic eagles like mine sold. They seem to have gone anywhere from $1700 to $2200. Does that sound about right?
    I got a pristine example on here about a year ago for $1150 -- no damage and all bolts intact --- plus with some vet info. Those prices you quoted are inflated dealer prices imo. I think an appropriate price range would be closer to $1200-1500.

How things change eh? Old Manion's catalogues from the 80's show these, depending on condition and size, going for anything between $100-$200.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It's all a learning experience for me. I'll take everything into consideration and go from there. Slados28 - since you picked one off the market last year, this one just increased in value (humor!)

Based on the latest input, I have lowered the opening price for the Eagle auction. If it doesn't sell, that's ok too, since I really have no need to sell it other than it is being neglected in the back of my closet.

As a new member, you are not allowed to post anything for sale until after 20 meaningful posts. We have too many people come here, use the forum for their own profit and contribute nothing. There is also the danger that a new commodity lifts pictures from somewhere on the net and offers a piece they do not own. Recently, a guy in France was trying to sell one of my uniforms that is still in my collection!. A contribution to the Forum would be a good start.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Why do I feel like I've just been scolded? I've read about your uniform story in the post about the Helmet found in a French storage unit. Like I openly stated right from the start, I am not a collector of WWII memorabilia, I was just looking for a place to find someone who would appreciate the Eagle more than I would. I am not here to be a long time contributor, thinking that my bringing the Eagle here is a contribution in and of itself. Did not mean to step on your toes. I will close the offering. Have a nice day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast