Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reproduction Railroad Eagle in Classifieds section

Article about: Hello All, Just wanted to make folks aware that the Railroad Eagle available in the classifieds section is a reproduction. Railway Reichsbahn Eagle - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War

Default Reproduction Railroad Eagle in Classifieds section

Hello All,

Just wanted to make folks aware that the Railroad Eagle available in the classifieds section is a reproduction.

Railway Reichsbahn Eagle - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Regards,
    Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reproduction Railroad Eagle in Classifieds section
    P
    Many

Hello Mike,

I'm a new member here and am very interested in learning how to spot a reproduction vs an authentic piece. Can you elaborate on your assessment of that particular Eagle? Also, when I try and look at the pics posted in the classifieds section, they do not enlarge for me? Is that just how the classifieds is set up? It sure would be nice to be able to see large format pics of items being offered.

Thanks

Eric

Quote by Eric2575 View Post
    Hello Mike,
    Also, when I try and look at the pics posted in the classifieds section, they do not enlarge for me? Is that just how the classifieds is set up?
    Thanks

Eric
    It depends on how the seller sets up the ad, and the size of the photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Mike,

I'm a new member here and am very interested in learning how to spot a reproduction vs an authentic piece. Can you elaborate on your assessment of that particular Eagle? Also, when I try and look at the pics posted in the classifieds section, they do not enlarge for me? Is that just how the classifieds is set up? It sure would be nice to be able to see large format pics of items being offered.

Thanks

Eric
    It takes a trained eye. There are a many things to look for and it helps to understand the molding and machining processes. It's kind of difficult to explain this without going into great detail showing many photos outlining things to look for on how the molds were cast and describing certain machining byproducts. No reproduction has threaded mounting studs. Some vets cut the studs off the eagles when they removed them from the trains. Even with cut threads, there are still things to look for showing the studs were machined. A reproduction will not have those machining characteristics as the forgers are not equipped to mimic them. A good start is to buy Wilhelm Saris's book 'Third Reich Reichsbahn Eagles'. It won't train you to know what exactly to look for, but there is a solid number of authentic examples to compare to. Wilhelm is a member of this forum.

I've just heard about Saris's book and will try to find a copy. I also have an Eagle and have been told it it authentic even though the studs on the back are not threaded. It will be interesting to get more information on it. Thank you for the reply.

Eric, please start a new thread with pictures of your eagle. I would like to understand the differences as well others on the forum.
    john
    Last edited by Rescue190; 02-09-2019 at 04:32 AM.

?

I've just heard about Saris's book and will try to find a copy. I also have an Eagle and have been told it it authentic even though the studs on the back are not threaded. It will be interesting to get more information on it. Thank you for the reply.
    I have the book and if you want to purchase it let me know.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com