Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking About Eagles!

Article about: Great eagle Horst!! i had to repair mine, and mounted it for display. they are impressive. andrew

?

Default Talking About Eagles!

There are lots of Railroad Eagles out there but heres one that has some history which identifies its location etc, the Vet mounted the RR Eagle and attached a plaque on the left side reflecting the capture information, there was a plaque on the right side identifying the Vet but the family removed it when he died and they decided to sell the Eagle(to bad).
    Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Talking About Eagles!   Talking About Eagles!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Talking About Eagles!
    P
    Many

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: Talking About Eagles!

Vary nice one,I had a vet try to sell me one he told me came from Goring's train.Funny thing look like everyone that I had every seen and looked just like the one from my collection.Your has a plate with the history,his just had a tall tail add to his and a big price tag $10.000.O'well at last I had any info he still had it.Thanks for the show and tell

hi horst a very nice piece these are one of my fav TR pieces i must get one someday soon as they will only get more expensive,but $10,000 is way off the mark imo.

regards ewan

?

ewan -I agree $10,000 is way out there - I would guess that mine would have to fetch in the $3000 range with the plaque etc.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

hi one day soon i am for one and yours is brilliant with the capture info as you have said shame the family didnt let the other plaque go but still its superb!

horst how is it applied to the board?

?

Ewan - Thanks - the eagle is bolted on using metric screws utilizing the original attachment brackets on the eagle.

Horst

Hi Horst, I have always heard and read that when the eagle's head faced to the left it represented the NSDAP, and when it faced to the right, it represented the government. The railroad eagles I have always seen faced to the right which followed the general rule. Do you know how true the left or right legend is, or is it malarky? Very nice piece by the way .

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Hi Horst, I have always heard and read that when the eagle's head faced to the left it represented the NSDAP, and when it faced to the right, it represented the government. The railroad eagles I have always seen faced to the right which followed the general rule. Do you know how true the left or right legend is, or is it malarky? Very nice piece by the way .
    That has been a bone of contention for some time, what you noted is more or less the general rule of things but then one sees just the opposite , for example on the goverment officials dagger the eagle on the crossguard looks to its right yet the eagle on the diplomat dagger looks to its left. Even on the NSDAP kepi/visor eagles there are differences i.e some facing left some right.Its my thought that they were made to fit the purpose as the eagle itself was and is today in Germany still a symbol and is still worn to fit the purpose i.e. in the Bundestag on Bundeswehr uniforms etc.
    I know this dosent explain the variations but I hope it helped -

Horst

Thanks for replying Horst. Your info definitely helps. I'm always interested in hearing your professional idea on these subjects. Hope you have a great year!

BILLYBOBSS
    ?

Hi guys, I just found your site and really did not know how many people all over the world enjoy collecting WW2 items like I do. I have been trying to find a booklet a collector named John Meda made about Nazi railroad eagles and building eagles, does anyone know where I can find one? A collector gave me his e-mail but he does not reply. I have three of these eagles now, the 15 inch one I have been told is called a trolley eagle, a 24 inch model, and my newest one is the 35 inch model. I collect a little bit of everything so if anyone is looking for anything let me know. PS Bill Shea at the rupturedduck.com has 3 eagles right now, they are all in the low $2000 range and John at germanwarbooty.com has a 24 inch one that is black for about $1600 Thanks, Bill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast