Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Train eagle, metal eagle, and pole topper for review

Article about: These are really horrible pictures, but the best the seller has provided. First is a train eagle 27" long. 2nd pole topper. The third i have no clue, maybe a wall hanger?

MAP
    ?

Eliben10

Not sure if you are seriously searching for a train eagle or just happened to come across this lot.

If you are serious, these eagles are heavily faked. I would recommend that you study the many threads here to gather more knowledge. You should also invest in good research materials.

Lucky for us, we have Wim (Wilhelm Saris) who just wrote and published a great book on this subject.

Check this out.

NEW BOOK: Third Reich Reichsbahn Eagles
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Train eagle, metal eagle, and pole topper for review
    P
    Many

Thanks map, I've been looking for a definitive work on the topic, but have came up short. I've had the hardest time finding actually guides on identification, aside from an odd paragraph here and there. I wasn't looking for a train eagle, these just happened to pop up in a local auction. I've been collecting ww2 items since I was 12, (I'm 17 now) and have expierence with more common items like metals, nazi youth items, even ss daggers. These pieces, on the other hand, are way out of my little area of experience. That's why I've come to this forum. I was hoping for some friendly advice, but I seem to have found a lot of criticism. Thank you for giving me something for future reference!

MAP
    ?

Eliben,

Trust me. There is NO criticism or ill will here towards you or your posts.

All members appreciate the enthusiasm of a young collector and will go out of their way to help.

The points brought up by myself and other members were all to actually help you (clear high quality pictures, individual posts for each item, etc.). By following these rules, you will actually get much more feedback as well accurate advice. We would be doing you a disservice if we told you something is good using bad information only to find out after you purchased it is actually bad

Stick around, enjoy the forum and study what we have here. This is a great place to learn.

Michael

P.S. if you are looking for good material on these eagles, Wim's book it the place to go. If you are looking for other good reference books on other subjects, just ask. There are many. A good place to start is Bender Publishing or B&B publishing. But note, books only get you so far. The collective wisdom on this forum is needed as well. You did right by posting before you buy. Most people don't.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I see plenty of advice given to you willingly, resulting in no apparent appreciation. Criticism of shoddy picture quality and noting the horrible quality of these fakes --- yes, of course --- criticism of you personally? No, far from it.

Realize that new members come here each and every day asking "what is it worth", "what is this" etc. leaving the site as soon as they've gotten their free bit of advice. Demanding a certain level of picture quality from brand new members should be construed as a more than reasonable request, a bare minimum... In this case these are easy to spot fakes, no need to go into any greater depth than already has been done.

Look at lots of real ones, read the threads and get Saris' book when it comes out if you're really serious about learning --- this forum business is, or at least SHOULD be, a two way street after all...

Quote by eliben10 View Post
    Thanks map, I've been looking for a definitive work on the topic, but have came up short. I've had the hardest time finding actually guides on identification, aside from an odd paragraph here and there. I wasn't looking for a train eagle, these just happened to pop up in a local auction. I've been collecting ww2 items since I was 12, (I'm 17 now) and have expierence with more common items like metals, nazi youth items, even ss daggers. These pieces, on the other hand, are way out of my little area of experience. That's why I've come to this forum. I was hoping for some friendly advice, but I seem to have found a lot of criticism. Thank you for giving me something for future reference!
    Criticism is a part of life and it's learning experience. We requested that these items be split up and posted in the appropriate forums but you once again dump everything in one forum where none of these items belong. If you are serious about learning, this is the place to be. If you show attitude to the membership, you will find little help here. You are a young man and are dealing mainly with mature adults who have been studying and collecting for many more years than you have been alive.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by eliben10 View Post
    That's why I've come to this forum. I was hoping for some friendly advice, but I seem to have found a lot of criticism. Thank you for giving me something for future reference!
    Sorry you feel that way.
    It might help if you learned a little of the etiquette of this forum before posting.
    Instead, you joined, dumped a pile of very poor photos of multiple items, in the wrong section, multiple times, and, (I'm not sure what you expected, perhaps for the members to say, Wow, great items, better jump on them now!), now you say that you found a lot criticism.
    I suggest you read some of the pinned threads that say, Important! at the top of the areas that you wish to post in.
    Also, posting of a multitude of different items in one thread is frowned upon as it leads to confusion, especially if the items all belong in different areas.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

My personal criticism (and I think also from others) is based upon the very poor photographs.
    From such one cannot give any opinion at all. A glued on paper does not mean anything.

The train eagle is a product from Reddick, and so a reproduction available for about $ 90,-
    or so!

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Criticism is a part of life and it's learning experience. We requested that these items be split up and posted in the appropriate forums but you once again dump everything in one forum where none of these items do not belong. If you are serious about learning, this is the place to be. If you show attitude to the membership, you will find little help here. You are a young man and are dealing mainly with mature adults who have been studying and collecting for many more years than you have been alive.
    I apologize for not finding the correct forum for every item. All this is being done on a cellphone, so navigation is difficult. It's not that I'm incapable of making decisions, I had already found several fakes in the items that I didn't feel the need to ask for advice on. In the case of the eagles I have the seller on one hand telling me how he got in from a vet, it's real, etc etc, but I noticed it didn't look like any of the examples I'd seen on the internet. With such minimal literature on the subject I decided to contact the forum, rather than make an uneducated decision. I realize that most people that post items on here are just looking for a free appraisal and never return to the forum again. I never meant to "waste" anyone's time, I was simply uniformed on 1. The level of detail necessary to give an accurate judgement, and 2. the key tell-tales that are important to the piece. The fact that I've never been good at taking photos doesn't help either

Instruction is always more helpful than criticism, and the realization that everyone begins with a certain level of naivety(some higher than others) is equally important.

This is going nowhere so the thread is closed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2