Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Train or office eagle help needed original?

Article about: I came across this wall or train eagle any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure if this eagle would have been on a train car or hung in a office somewhere. The seller guarantees it athent

Default Train or office eagle help needed original?

I came across this Train or office eagle any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure if this eagle would have been on a train car or hung in a office somewhere. The seller guarantees it athentic but I'm not sure? I know some of the most knowledgeable collector are on this forum so I'm asking for help. The eagle measures 15 1/4x10 inches. Thanks for your help.

Thanks, RobTrain or office eagle help needed original?Train or office eagle help needed original?Train or office eagle help needed original?Train or office eagle help needed original?Train or office eagle help needed original?Train or office eagle help needed original?Train or office eagle help needed original?Train or office eagle help needed original?[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Train or office eagle help needed original?   Train or office eagle help needed original?  

Train or office eagle help needed original?   Train or office eagle help needed original?  

Train or office eagle help needed original?   Train or office eagle help needed original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Train or office eagle help needed original?
    P
    Many

I'm going to guess that is a no.
    From the little I know, the markings are incorrect.
    I don't like the extra details on the eagle's face either.
    Have you compared with the many example already posted here on the forum?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks to be very rough cast. And the Ges Gesch on it is questionable as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for your responses I was afraid the ges gesch marking my be a bad sign just what I saw from my google search but I wasn't sure

Tram eagle.....................But I've never seen one marked Ges.Gesch??? Hopefully Wilhelm Saris will pick up on this one. It looks good -as far as I'm aware - they do not copy these.

I hope your right and Mr.Saris can shed some light on if this eagle is athentic or not.

Thanks to everyone that has responded to this thread.

Thanks, Rob

I'd suggest that you give it a run past Big Ned. He's one of the Eagle Guru's, for sure, but I'm not holding my breath on it,myself.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."