Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trolley car eagle

Article about: Hi guys. Take a look at this WtC eagle. Seeing some overpaint that looks very old and some under eagles head. Seeker on my site wants me to buy for 650.00. I got concerns as I am not sure if

?

Default Trolley car eagle

Hi guys. Take a look at this WtC eagle. Seeing some overpaint that looks very old and some under eagles head. Seeker on my site wants me to buy for 650.00. I got concerns as I am not sure if overpaint was done post war. Let me know your thoughts ASAP.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trolley car eagle   Trolley car eagle  

Trolley car eagle   Trolley car eagle  

Trolley car eagle   Trolley car eagle  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trolley car eagle
    P
    Many

I have never seen one with the same details on the leg feathers and the inner wing feathers Kirk. I would be skeptical, especially at that price.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Concerned about why it would have been painted as a civilian trolley car. I know the nazis did camo the actual railway Eagles. How do the feathers on leg and wings differ from your estimation? Think I am gonna pass unless I can get better vibes on this one???

?

Ralph,

Me and John Telesmanich also discussed and feel the casting is crude compared to his one this link.

Third Reich Trolley Car or Bus Eagle

?

Passed on this. Further review the Swazi
    On back seemed poorly pulled from mould. Thanks Ralph for confirming my suspicions. Post war repro.

Also, not sure what is going on with the head. If that silver is post war paint, and is peeling off of the head, whatever is peeking out from underneath it does not look like aluminum to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks like an undercoat of tan coloured paint Ralph ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Looks like an undercoat of tan coloured paint Ralph ?
    Doesn't make sense to me Steve. Why undercoat something made from aluminum, only to paint it to look like aluminum again?
    Ralph.

?

Looks like brass underneath in the first picture

?

When I looked closely the front of this aluminum post war eagle had 2 light coats of paint onto original alum finish. No worries. Was not a good cast. This is 0-3 in looking at these Eagles in the past few months. I am finding it hard to find an original that is worth buying. Many rough ones or post war repos. Thanks guys for your eyes and help as always.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast