Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Your thoughts about this two items ?

Article about: for my eagle railroad is a bad FAKE Annoyed from this ads?  

I wouldn't want either of the pieces in my collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your thoughts about this two items ?
    P
    Many

All these eagle's vary to the rear and the front, some fairly comprehensive study has been made over the last 10 years by guys like JR, myself, Ken Bolton, and others. Maker's have been noted, attributes per maker, and there is an established criteria or application of such when looking at birds. So the back is just one aspect of that. With that being said this bird I don't like but I have not gotten one in hand, it is a new maker or one that popped up in the last couple months and several at once.

To make one of these or knock them off is expensive, to do that and expect to recover costs by selling into market is unrealistic at least if you did them here in the U.S and the most likely place to try would be Europe, which is where these seem to originate from. First one I got was a lone frontal and it is good, the back is not as good but that's true on originals. Flags went up with 3 birds in mailboxes and that is all it took, but I have not seen one, I am not sure if JR handled one in person but it took 3 birds to hit here before the Utto's started. Can't say I am a fan of game show militaria so at best their suspect, their most likely bad; but I am not 100% personally and want to see one of these as the first one was a killer cast.

?

Both items post-45 - as Erich said not for my collection.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thank you, Alex! Yes, those three eagles are mine. I've seen your eagles that you have posted before and they are wonderful.

Luke

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    All these eagle's vary to the rear and the front, some fairly comprehensive study has been made over the last 10 years by guys like JR, myself, Ken Bolton, and others. Maker's have been noted, attributes per maker, and there is an established criteria or application of such when looking at birds. So the back is just one aspect of that. With that being said this bird I don't like but I have not gotten one in hand, it is a new maker or one that popped up in the last couple months and several at once.

To make one of these or knock them off is expensive, to do that and expect to recover costs by selling into market is unrealistic at least if you did them here in the U.S and the most likely place to try would be Europe, which is where these seem to originate from. First one I got was a lone frontal and it is good, the back is not as good but that's true on originals. Flags went up with 3 birds in mailboxes and that is all it took, but I have not seen one, I am not sure if JR handled one in person but it took 3 birds to hit here before the Utto's started. Can't say I am a fan of game show militaria so at best their suspect, their most likely bad; but I am not 100% personally and want to see one of these as the first one was a killer cast.

Hello, Ajax, I'm not an expert as I said above. But after seeing several copies of these eagles in various forums, in my opinion the eagle, is very different in its back. All my eagles are laced JR, and when I look at some online, I always follow the instructions that JR has on their website.

And as you say your a pretty front is not a sign of being a good bird, there are more details. From my knowledge there are 15 or 16 manufacturers of these eagles. My advice is, send the photos to those great experts that you have mentioned.

Quote by Milindre View Post
    Hello, Ajax, I'm not an expert as I said above. But after seeing several copies of these eagles in various forums, in my opinion the eagle, is very different in its back. All my eagles are laced JR, and when I look at some online, I always follow the instructions that JR has on their website.

And as you say your a pretty front is not a sign of being a good bird, there are more details. From my knowledge there are 15 or 16 manufacturers of these eagles. My advice is, send the photos to those great experts that you have mentioned.
    Milindre,

The front is usually a good indicator or was anyway, used to be able to pick these up off the fronts alone and even identify the maker in some cases off that, this hit my box as a frontal and I thought it was a good bird. So someone did a fairly good job anyway but things are ever changing and I don't know everything either.

Exactly, Ajax. I agree with you. This type of eagles has risen in the last years. Are reaching very high price, hence they are very expensive every day. So many people are doing very good fakes.

These are really cost prohibitive for crooks, your not going to get enough eagles into market to recover what you will need to spend, this one was flagged on 3. Whether a known maker or a new maker its going to get caught fairly quickly and then they have only the repro market which is certainly less lucrative. I think their efforts would be better placed elsewhere, but their not always the brightest bunch anyway.

?

Heey guys , sorry for the late reply -_-. I didnt buy the eagle but it was sold for about 3k and i think that was a bit to much for a fake one . =)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast