Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello new :collector here

Article about: Hello everybody my first name is Jacopo, I'm 22 and I love german militaria from WW2 especially daggers and medals. I've been collecting all kind of stuff since I was 5

Default Hello new :collector here

Hello everybody my first name is Jacopo, I'm 22 and I love german militaria from WW2 especially daggers and medals.

I've been collecting all kind of stuff since I was 5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello new :collector here
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Jacopo.

Looks like you get addicted quite early in life!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Talking Hello new collector/member here

Hello everybody my first name is Jacopo, I'm 22, I'm from Europe and I love german militaria from WW2 especially daggers, medals and uniforms.

I've been collecting all kind of stuff since I was 5 (soda cans, lighters, coke bottles etc..) I remember during high school I was fascinated by the topic of the IIIrd Reich, I loved the german parades you know how the german army marched, the Whermacht march songs like "Erika", "Lore lore lore" and "Panzerlied" and the uniforms yes, the germans knew how to dress their soldiers for sure.

But I began looking at german daggers only a year ago, I discovered the hobby and business of collecting IIIrd Reich militaria thanks to a very humble and knowledgeable dealer who make videos on YouTube : Thomas Wittmann.

So I began collecting, I don't have a big budget, my dream is to get a big budget by selling IIIrd Reich militaria so to get my hands on some items that are out of the box.

I don't have many items : 2 medals, a french labor medal of 1941 from the Vichy Regime (but it could be a fake) and a 1939 german War Merit medal not the cross, the medal.

I don't have uniforms but I do have edged weapons : 2 bayonets, 1 is a WW1 german 1905 pattern bayonet made in 1917 no sawback, the other is well I will have to figure out but it could be a german copy of a IIIrd Reich Wehrmacht parade bayonet with etchings on both sides of the blade near mint condition.

And the only dagger I own is a genuine NPEA dagger but a survivor, the throat of the scabbard is the only part left of the scabbard, she is melted to the lower crossguard.. pittings and damage all over the area where the scabbard was melted yet one can still read most of the motto "MEHR SEIN ALS SCHEINEN" (be more than what you appear) if only the dagger could talk, he really survived some harsh event, maybe a fire.

I also have 5 books on german daggers so I know the basics but I'm not an expert.

Thank you for reading and have a great day, if you have questions let me know, I'm also on YouTube, I make videos about german Militaria.

**********************Please approve me thank you.

MAP
    ?

Welcome Jacopo. Nice introduction.

I will say, this is the first time I've heard Tom Wittmann be described as "humble"

We have a number of members here extremely well versed in German Daggers, some of which have even authored some high quality reference books on the subject.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you sir, well 3 of the books I've purchased are from Thomas Johnson and then I have 1 by Ralf Siegert on SA/NSKK Daggers and the last one by J.A. Bowman on fakes/copies.