Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hi everyone!

Article about: Hello All, I am totally new to this and is the first time I've joined any forum of any kind so I hope I don't make any mistakes and welcome any advice. I have been reading posts on this foru

Default Hi everyone!

Hello All, I am totally new to this and is the first time I've joined any forum of any kind so I hope I don't make any mistakes and welcome any advice.
    I have been reading posts on this forum for some time, it is an amazing fountain of knowledge. I live in the U.K. and have a small collection of military items that is slowly growing (very slowly). I don't collect anything in particular, just things I like, but my main interests are German WW1 & WW2 items. I have a couple of helmet shells, some British Mills bombs, bayonets, an Enfield .303 and an 1892 Winchester, I also have a couple of Victorian pocket pistols. I have just purchased my third Luger which I am hoping to ask your advice/opinions on soon.
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi everyone!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Dave.

Looking forward to seeing the P-08's!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello Dave,
    It sounds like you have somethings that will be enjoyed here.
    Welcome to the site!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you!

- - ------- - -

Thank you Phil.

Default Luger 1937

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for opinions on my 1937 S/42. It has all matching numbers except the mag but I'm puzzled as to why the barrel doesn't have the serial number, just a crown over N and the deactivation mark. On the left side of the main body there are two marks with the same crown but a U underneath. The guy who sold it to me thinks it might have been re-blued but I've had a look with a maglight and it shows up brown through the blue so I'm not sure it has been re-blued but it doesn't seem to have much wear on the high points, no bright metal as such. I think the grips may be post war, they are not totally black, they have brownish flecks here and there.
    Any help or info would be much appreciated, thank you in advance. I'm not sure I've attached the photos correctly but here's hoping!
    Dave
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

There is also this strange mark below the take down lever, anyone know if it's significant?
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

MAP
    ?

Looks like a moderator combined your two threads....

Anyway....

Photos are usually blocked in the new user approval section of the forum (to prevent spam)

Either way it is best that you post this in the correct section of the forum for maximum views from the members who can help you the most.

Please start a new thread in the link below

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/luger-p08-forum/

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, as I said I don't really know how all this forum thingy works so it seems I put the thread in the wrong place. All help is welcome thank you.

MAP
    ?

No worries. You'll catch in quick